View Full Version : TIR - Titan Resources
15-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Jumped 20% in the last hour or so of yesterday's trading. Opened up a little this morning as well.
Could be worth keeping your eye on...
15-03-2005, 02:28 PM
Nickel took a hit overnight, Rev: explains this morning's weakness. Onwards and upwards from here.
15-03-2005, 04:13 PM
It's encouraging to see 5 mil go through and the share price hold at this raised level. Certainly looks like some accummulation going on. Also appears like maybe something in the wind - possibly.
15-03-2005, 05:43 PM
Can anyone explain why the 39mil volume suddenly. 30 minutes ago it was only at about 7 mil????
15-03-2005, 05:46 PM
32 million went thru as SP - special sale.
15-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Special sale? Could you give me a quick explanation as to what that is Rev.
15-03-2005, 05:48 PM
and another late charge - like yesterday! Interesting times...
15-03-2005, 05:54 PM
15-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Not to sure what SP means exactly.
However, speculating only, CS First Boston held 32 million,or just over, so maybe repeat maybe they have sold their holding. It could be someone else as I don't know for sure.
How they were sold, to get a code of SP, I don't know.
15-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks. Sounds like a good guess to me, and the amounts was about right. Hehe. Had a couple grand sitting in the bank an thought to have a bit of a gamble on this one just based on yesterdays trading. Looking good ATM. Thanks for the heads up Revhead:)
15-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep, thanks Rev.
15-03-2005, 06:28 PM
glad to help.
Did see one defintion of SP
SP - Block Special Sale (Special crossings where the consideration is greater than $1M)
Todays 32mil trade with TIR fits in with above
If CSFB have sold, then an announcement to the market should be forthcoming in due course...
Could be an interesting few days ahead, as this opens all sorts of possibilities. pure speculation on my part though.
16-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Must repeat my thanks Rev [^][^][^]
Just sold for a 17% profit on my little gamble after about 20 hours :D:D. Thats getting pretty close to 1% and hour. Wouldn't mind getting that all the time :). My first succesfull day trade earned me almost a weeks scholarship money. Maybe I should just quit the PhD and sit on the computer all day :D. Or maybe not...
16-03-2005, 01:59 PM
But finish the PHD. The market will still be here when you've completed it.
16-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Now 8.3c. Good solid buying/accumulating going on this morning.
I'm sitting tight and holding for the moment. This demand could continue for a bit longer yet - especially until an announcement is made identifying who is buying and why.
But, as always I've got the finger poised to exit!
16-03-2005, 02:36 PM
perhaps something to do with the high grade nickel project....just looked at the L/T chart ... in august 2003 it hit 60c.....time to do some research...
16-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Rev ..managed to get a parcel at 8c ..bit of a risk but as you say...S/P going off with no announcement yet....time will tell...finger on the trigger...very bullish indeed
16-03-2005, 04:04 PM
my old lady brought some last year @18c then as you said it hit around 60c on takeover rumours,they had a nickel mine that made it start to crash as the deposits pulled out were rejected,and they have a technology to pull nickel out that nobody else has,but dont know if its any good
16-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Interesting...always speculative IMO anyway I got out earlier at 8.6c happy to profit....some big volume and i feel that if an announcement is due it may get sold into the announcement...gone up alot in the last few days....cheers W
17-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Trading pattern repeated again this morning..... (and its not because nickel prices have gone down or anything like that, as I said in a post above!)
18-03-2005, 11:15 AM
CSM have declared a holding of (I think) 54 million TIR, purchased over past few days.
They were looking at a takeover last year, but pulled out after due diligence, may be back for another try now the price is waaaay down.
As you say Revhead, an interesting few days coming...
I think I'll get in.
18-03-2005, 12:46 PM
CSFB sold 32million. CSM has increased it's holdings by 24million. Question that springs to mind is - "Did they buy the CSFB holding"? Maybe, or maybe not. Perhaps someone else did and CSM had to buy their 24 million on market?
Price drifting down now.
18-03-2005, 04:37 PM
As you would expect the share price faded after this mornings announcement - but appears to have stabilised in low 7's.
Can't help but think that, maybe, there is more to come with TIR. Demand seems good and with 12 million thru there hasn't been much slippage since the initial sell-off.
18-03-2005, 05:32 PM
Rev...S/P ;looks to have equalised after a heavy selloff....i see the SSH got their shares at around 6.5c ...I took profit yesterday and will wait until it settles a bit more...not sure how much cash they have ....thier market cap looks to be around 30 mill so quite a few shares on issue...one to watch
7.1 should be consolidation level IMO
22-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Interview in yesterdays Aussie Fin Review with the CSM head honcho in regards to Titan - basically said he's garnered a 'blocking' stake in Titan, as he said the prices were pretty low. Named another company that had been in talks with Titan, and this is why CSM moved when it did. He said 6 cents was cheap for Titan, so was happy with the deal they did to raise their stake in the company. He said they'll be looking to pump Titan's ore through their machinery when they set it up (sorry if this terminology is a little unclear, but I don't have the article handy), and it was obvious this has been on their agenda for a while, leading to them getting a 'blocking' stake in the co.
I guess this might ward of other potential suitors to Titan, but it was encouraging to hear that he thought the deal for CSM was a 'cheap' one.
If anyone is interested in reading the article and can't get access to it, could they email me and I'll get a copy and pass it on.
22-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Just tracked this press clipping on the CSM website - worth a read:
22-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Good call on the consolidation level, watson. And nice close today at 7.4. Was watching it trade today and sweet FA on offer under 7c. Those that wanted some had to go higher into the low 7's.
POK - thanks for the link...
23-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Rev: just sent to your ST email.
05-04-2005, 04:55 PM
TIR has shown some resillience to selling pressure lately.
I was watchingit earlier today, and someone/s dumped two parcels of around 500,000 each into it, no doubt to either drive the price down or for a quick exit.
Bottom line is the share price held. TIR looks quite good at this level.
I have a few
05-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, it is holding well in a weak market for junior miners. Got out myself last week: but my decision was no real reflection on the potential from here of the company, more a macro decision.
15-04-2005, 01:34 PM
started looking good again yesterday - hmmm
17-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Wonder what tomorrow will bring? Charged ahead on Friday amidst the gloom - will Friday's gains dissipate, or is it a harbinger of what's to come?
18-04-2005, 11:15 AM
TIR's the only bright light in a fairly ****ty couple of weeks. ASX ann just out in response to speeding ticket - "they know nothing"....
23-04-2005, 04:02 PM
:) :) :) :) :)
Looking ahead, we might expect some
news out of TIR, around:
20 May 05
21 June 05
28 June 05 ..... two significant long cycles due here.
It seems like TIR will be a sloooow recovery
story, ticking up bit-by-bit .....
have a great weekend
:) :) :) :) :)
28-06-2005, 01:26 PM
:) :) :) :) :)
TIR has delivered the news, right on time ..... !~!
..... and apparently good enough, to lift TIR
off its lows, today ..... :)
:) :) :) :) :)
28-06-2005, 09:48 PM
CSM must be due to strike soon, another of my total caculated gamble stock.
All good news coming out!
19-07-2005, 03:44 AM
TIR lifted with good volume on good drilling
results, earlier this month ..... :)
Looking ahead, other key dates for TIR may be:
22-25 July 2005
27-28 July 2005
22- 23 August 2005
10-08-2005, 06:28 PM
CSM to stike, reading between the lines.
I'll hang onto my TIR shares, ( CSM own 19.95% and are assessing the Armstrong mine) my guess is they will buy the lot for their future concentrator project.
Extract from CSM
Our immediate focus is to double production from the Beta Hunt-East Alpha Complex to 10,000tpa, while at the same time establishing a regional resource base sufficient to justify construction of our own nickel concentrator,” he said.
21-08-2005, 02:43 PM
As per post above in mid-July 05 .....
..... just a reminder to watch for a change
of direction in TIR as a major long, time
cycle and a significant short cycle come
together over the next few days.
Will be looking for a low and some positive
news to give us lift-off and confirmation
of the low:
Technically primed again for some news,
as well .....
21-08-2005, 05:30 PM
..... and looking further ahead:
22-24082005 ..... 2 significant cycles here
05092005 ..... minor
12092005 ..... minor negative
20-22092005 ..... 2 positive cycles to bring significant news ???
Right now, TIR is technically primed again for some news,
as well ..... ..... but, mostly negative cycles in October 2005,
particularly around 24102005 for TIR ... ???
28-03-2006, 08:27 PM
You beauty, took a bit longer than thought.
As recommended by Titan Board, I am not selling.
29-03-2006, 08:37 AM
im not selling either i hope to recoup a tiny bit more than 7.7 cents after i paid around 31 cents for mine:(
06-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Board recommendation out again, late yesterday, do not sell till further notice, independant review.
At these nickel prices. Why should I, CSM going no where at the moment.
29-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Well changed my mind considering CSM report, sold the lot and bought gold, BMO to be exact.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.