sharetrader
Page 241 of 465 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251291341 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by permutation View Post
    I don't want to see a lot of red ink on my loan book.
    Just change it to blue ink - problem solved

A NZ P2P update, today.

http://www.interest.co.nz/personal-f...ding-platforms

Pretty much all the user comments on the above article reflect my thinking.
    Standout quote "Harmoney attracts a low calibre of borrowers and its growth has come from it trawling rather than fishing for loans"

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    A NZ P2P update, today.

http://www.interest.co.nz/personal-f...ding-platforms

Pretty much all the user comments on the above article reflect my thinking.
    Standout quote "Harmoney attracts a low calibre of borrowers and its growth has come from it trawling rather than fishing for loans"
    Err, that is a complete misquote!

The writer clearly hasn't researched non-NZ P2P lending to get an understanding of how it has fared in a downturn.

Many borrowers turn to P2P lending because it's cheaper than banks! Sure Harmoney also cater for lower calibre borrowers, but the interest rate reflects that! I don't think they try to say otherwise? It is the lenders choice. If you look at the data provided by Harmoney, there lending profile is improving, not getting worse as many suggest here - I suspect they just don't understand the graphs etc. provided and perhaps shouldn't be investing in P2P because they don't understand it well enough and draw very wrong conclusions.

I don't understand why people who see Harmoney as such a bad model invest in it! Hypocrisy?

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    I don't understand why people who see Harmoney as such a bad model invest in it! Hypocrisy?
    Some people put small amounts in Harmoney loans with caution while not falling for the hype.

yeah, nah

Some people put small amounts in Harmoney loans with caution while not falling for the hype.
    What hype?

What hype?
    Read the user comments on that article again.

yeah, nah

Read the user comments on that article again.
    What hype?

Guru

When you invest in loan note that offers an interest rate of for example over 25%, there must be an understanding that there is considerable risk attached to the intact return of your capital. The borrowers may have been refused credit by other organisations as the number of enquiries may or may not indicate.Some may call that trawling for borrowers.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 12-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.

yeah, nah

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    When you invest in loan note that offers an interest rate of for example over 25%, there must be an understanding that there is considerable risk attached to the intact return of your capital. The borrowers may have been refused credit by other organisations as the number of enquiries may or may not indicate.Some may call that trawling for borrowers.
    Any difference from banks offering Credit Cards at ~23% cash advance rate? Those same banks offering 'lenders', at best, 4% return?
    D, E and F loans currently make up ~15% of Harmoney loans (June 2017) - personally I think it needs some perspective? It is not Harmoney accepting the loans...

Guru

Any difference from banks offering Credit Cards at ~23% cash advance rate? Those same banks offering 'lenders', at best, 4% return?
    D, E and F loans currently make up ~15% of Harmoney loans (June 2017) - personally I think it needs some perspective? It is not Harmoney accepting the loans...
    True, Harmoney offer the opportunity to the investors, who need to be realistic in accepting the risk that the borrower paying 25% in interest may default.