Quote Originally Posted by Soolaimon View Post
I have come to expect anomalies in the Harmoney platform and it is annoying and time consuming to sort out, so I don't usually bother. The arrears data is never correct and just a few days ago I ordered 2 notes in a loan only to get an error message and then after 3 more attempts I gave up only to discover later that all transactions went through. I had given up on 6/8 note investing but I just could not go through the hassle to see if that could be fixed. With the huge staff numbers they have I would have thought they could be more efficient. O well it is still way ahead of bank term deposits so will keep struggling on.

This is written along the bottom of the Dashboard screen

"Timing of data updates can cause short-term variances between the dashboard and reports section."

I only have two loans in arrears and the dashboard is 100% correct at the present time. The more loans you have is arrears will lessen the likelihood of the amount in arrears being correct at any one point in time. But in the end what does it matter what the amount is anyway, right or wrong.