sharetrader
Page 145 of 465 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4649

Thread: Harmoney

Quote Originally Posted by Whippeedo View Post
    Yes I have asked for all loan and borrower data to be made exportable because if made available, one could analyse the data and make better investment decisions as a result. E.g. by doing a labourious manual check on all my arrears (by taking the age of borrowers of my loans from the website and matching to my exported loan's list - ridiculous to have to do this manually) I found the lowest age borowers made up the largest proportion of loans in arrears and visa versa for the older borrowers so I now invest accordingly but without having the data showing the age of borrower not in arrears it is kind of inconclusive too. Way too time consuming to do this on 100s of loans manually. Please give us the data Harmoney. I can't see any harm in us having access to it and I would expect it would be pretty simple to enable this ability from an IT perspective. I requested this a few months ago. No update from HM yet. As with many other enquires/requests I have made.
    To summarise, you want additional columns to a report that highlight not only the transactions for the loan but the details of the borrower around that loan?

Quote Originally Posted by Whippeedo View Post
    Good morning,

Sharing some data, I hope this is helpful for other investors
    Here are the basic results on my account as at yesterday.
    I basically started in Feb 2016 and stopped lending/investing in this account in June.
    I set up a different account for lending/investing from May 16 onwards but have not done a summary on that one yet)

Cheers!
    Whipeedo
    Interesting stats thanks do you cherry pick the loans or just invest in any?
    Your C and D grade arrears are twice that of platform predicted stats whilst E and F are only a few % higher than predicted.

From my experience arrears occur in first year mainly 6 to 8 months with most being cleared up quickly. Your arrears data should improve as a loan gets older and might settle back at predicted rates.

Most of my arrears occur with principal balance remaining of $22 to $23 which matches Harmoneys own hazard curves. Although I started 1 year ago and only invest in a,b,c and cherry pick them too. I don't have any arrears outside of this $22 to $23 range and all clear over a few months. My current RAR is stabilizing at around 16.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Bear View Post
    d4 30-39, d5 40-49, d5 50-59, e5 20-29, f1 20-29.
    Nice info , Thanx.
    Younger people tend to get graded with E and F as they have no history also. I have zero write offs with my A,B,C strategy after 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewBroadley View Post
    To summarise, you want additional columns to a report that highlight not only the transactions for the loan but the details of the borrower around that loan?
    I'd love to be able to have the ability to export to xcel, every field/column that you can see in the "Loan details" and "Borrower details".
    If you go to Reports>Loans and click on any LAI you have invested in - there are 2 tabs with 30 odd fields - after lots of sorting in xcel you would have some very valuable insights when compared to loan real loan/borrower performance. It is mind boggling how much data mining/analysis you could do with those fields available.

You would find for e.g. that certain cities and areas of NZ default more than others, and/or sort by age-of-borrowers in arrears vs current, what are the results? If 50% of 20-29's go into arrears, I'm sorry but I'm not lending to that age bracket. And/or sort by monthly loan payment vs. percentage of borrowers income, its goes on and on. HM is sitting on all this data and I can't see the harm in empowering investors with the ability to draw our own conclusions from mining this data. If I was running a P2P platform it would be available from day one. Why wouldn't you? Give investors the ability to fine tune their investing strategy. Make a safe home for investment funds and it will flow in abundance.

On top of that I'd like to see/export the frequency and type of communication HM is having with borrowers in arrears so we can better predict the percentage of arrears that will convert to write-offs.

The current process is a black box. I have asked HM to let me know how long each of my arrears loans has been in arrears for. I still don't have an answer. come on this is fundamental info I feel I have a right to.

Still, I am an HM fan. They do more good than harm and should improve with time. Thanks HM

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Whipeedo
    Most of my arrears occur with principal balance remaining of $22 to $23 which matches Harmoneys own hazard curves. Although I started 1 year ago and only invest in a,b,c and cherry pick them too. I don't have any arrears outside of this $22 to $23 range and all clear over a few months. My current RAR is stabilizing at around 16.3%
    Wow. 16.3% is really high! Do you have a lot of loans? My RAR for 2300+loans (18 months) is just about 14% and I expect that to fall to about or below 12% eventually with the new fees and with defaults. Still a decent return.

Wow. 16.3% is really high! Do you have a lot of loans? My RAR for 2300+loans (18 months) is just about 14% and I expect that to fall to about or below 12% eventually with the new fees and with defaults. Still a decent return.
    Must be weighted towards C grade. If spread evenly would be a shade under 16% before fees and write-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    Whipeedo
    Interesting stats thanks do you cherry pick the loans or just invest in any?
    Your C and D grade arrears are twice that of platform predicted stats whilst E and F are only a few % higher than predicted.

From my experience arrears occur in first year mainly 6 to 8 months with most being cleared up quickly. Your arrears data should improve as a loan gets older and might settle back at predicted rates.

Hi Whitt, the more of us that share our results the better I reckon.

I definitely choose each loan on its own merrits. Age preference 40+ repayment to income ratio around 10% and I like re - writes now that HMs policy/fees have changed. Borrower comments and purpose factor in to some degree.

Until we can export more data/fields and analyse the actual loan results/performance better that's the best I have to go on. You could spend all day/week/months even, bringing loan/borrower data from the the LAI info on the website into your xcel exports and manually but it wouldn't be much fun.

I really hope HM makes improvements on that front asap.

I have slowed up on my investing until I have a clearer picture on how my current loans will perform.

With a large Jump in arrears in the last few months and no practical analysis tools available to understand how to invest better it seems the prudent approach I hope.

Return of capital is more important than ROI but if the ROI is less than 20% net there are better places to put my money.

Good luck with your investments....once we have the tools to make better informed decisions we won't need luck. Cheers

If HM doesn't make improvements in this and other areas soon they are inviting new and existing competition to do it for them .HM are by far the market leader currently. The P2P concept and market has absolutely massive potential and they may lose their current head start advantage if things don't change soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Must be weighted towards C grade. If spread evenly would be a shade under 16% before fees and write-offs.
    Attachment 8258
    Here you go. Correct mainly C grade. Originally had some D and F but stopped only a few months after starting those grades

Only 100 loans so far. Harmoney is time consuming to find decent loans on. I do cherry pick also hoping to beat the platform stats on each grade.
    Still 16% is a good start even is it drops to 15% since June

I see Harmoney is in the news again http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...borrowers-fees