Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    They got nothin on you mate.
    You need a fair kick up the ass.
    About time that was said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No ones going to turn it down and the people will vote in whichever party promises to keep it going so I guess Fish is right even though common sense would say you don't give welfare to those who don't need it, a self centered, greedy, bludging mindset of a majority of NZers will ensure this doesn't change. I don't begrudge NZ Super to people who need it.
    You mean the bludging mindset of career beneficiaries who after a long hard working life of sitting on their backsides then morph into deserved recipients of NZ Super.

Sorry I should change the thread title to overly generous nz super.
    http://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/85...er-sustainable
    Older workers keeping nzsuper sustainable? Maybe more so if they weren't actually receiving it while they worked. I think aussie super is asset and means tested.
    How many years have you been paying into the N.Z. tax system Aaron ? You think someone who's paid in for perhaps as much as 50 years isn't "entitled" to their super ?
    Here's a great video...wonder what the puppies name is ? http://www.msn.com/en-nz/video/anima...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 11-01-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Permanent Newbie

They got nothin on you mate.
    You need a fair kick up the ass.
    What's your problem your listed as living in a country that has compulsory retirement savings and means testing for superannuation as well as a capital gains tax.

Super Investor

What's your problem your listed as living in a country that has compulsory retirement savings and means testing for superannuation as well as a capital gains tax.
    Oh I see you think you lost the ovarian lottery and think you should have been born on this side of the ditch.
    You live in a rich successful nation.
    The problems you keep alluding to are a result of that success.
    h2

Super Investor

.....but of course you are right. It's not my problem.
    h2

Permanent Newbie

Oh I see you think you lost the ovarian lottery and think you should have been born on this side of the ditch.
    You live in a rich successful nation.
    The problems you keep alluding to are a result of that success.
    Still not entirely sure what your issue is. I don't have a problem with NZ the country. I am suggesting that NZ Superannuation needs some adjustments now rather than later generations either having to pay a lot more tax to support it or receive a lot less than is currently being provided. My main issue is that it is universal and I think people who don't need a handout should not be getting one. My dig at a bludger mentality stems from the last elections where a party addressed these issues by proposing compulsory retirement savings and raising the age of entitlement. They were decimated at the elections I believe because the winning party said that nz super is affordable and they won't touch it. I think a lot of people have their heads in the sand on this issue. The latest govt surplus doesn't help my argument but that apparently has been at the expense of a lot of other areas where govt expenditure has been cut back or left at the same level.
    I am also upset at the baby boomer generation because they have denied later generations the same opportunities they had such as free tertiary education and they seem happy to run the bank account down now with an overly generous nz super knowing that it will most likely be later generations that miss out again.
    Why this would upset someone on the gold coast I don't know?
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-01-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by STMOD View Post
    IF any ass is going to be kicked on this forum then we are going to do it.
    no need for any arse kicking. Looks like there might be supporters for this proposal though. I think you might find a lot of support from the ST crowd for this proposal if you ran a poll.
    To be fair I use a bit of emotive language to get a response but hopefully my arguments aren't too unreasonable.

Super Investor

You keep blaming the baby boomers .All these issues are budgeted by successive governments.
    Are you looking for the sympathy vote?
    You need a kick up the pants Aron.
    h2

Permanent Newbie

You keep blaming the baby boomers .All these issues are budgeted by successive governments.
    Are you looking for the sympathy vote?
    You need a kick up the pants Aron.
    A bit unfair blaming the boomers I suppose, my reasoning for this though is that they are a large voting block and I don't think it is coincidental that free tertiary education ceased after the last boomer graduated and the issue of affordability of the current nz super will fall onto later generations. If you think that successive govts have budgeted for nz super so that it will continue in its current form you are misinformed at best, ignorant at worst.
    Am I looking for sympathy? No just pointing out something I think is wrong. Why are you so upset, your in Australia? Your superannuation will be means tested, that is one thing I think would help here in NZ.
    A kick up the pants seems a bit drastic but what else should we expect from the oil of vitriol.
    Very violent solutions you propose glad I'm in NZ.
    Last edited by Aaron; 11-01-2017 at 05:39 PM.