sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    3 year low?

What kind of calendar system are you using?
    Wasn't crude at under zero for a while during 2020?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    3 year low?

What kind of calendar system are you using?
    Dumb as a doorknob, best put on ignore. Brent Crude is $72.53 now, the three year low was $19.99 in April 2020

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wasn't crude at under zero for a while during 2020?
    WTI Futures shows a spike low of -$40 in 20th April 2020, next day low -$16.74. Two days. Thereafter positive.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...PIX7SCHQ6G6V4/

Fitch Solutions downgrades New Zealand GDP outlook

(Premium content)

It's official !

Legend

Heaps of Crashings & Smashings going on

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K2ODM3RBM642Q/

Four Wellington bars insolvent: ACC, IRD, dozens of employees and businesses claiming funds

Added to the growing list of similar sector, building & construction firms falling over in recent times

cant be good for the economy, suppliers, and any number of NZX firms servicing these sectors..

and then the toll on employees who may or may not have mortgaged homes, in times of
    rising inflation, costs and interest on borrowings..
    Last edited by nztx; 20-03-2023 at 06:49 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I bet your house has those really big doors for that head to move room to room ..as I'm sure your a Billionaire from your endless brilliant trades I'm not worthy as a small time Trader (that also invests longer term ) I don't make Millions per year ... I just want to make a 1 Million profit GOAL for a year ... and retire to hardly stress about the daily movements of my holdings..

I've actually never even held BANKs shares or XOM or TESLA .... I'm just a S708... trading(& Investing) generally a sub 500mill cap space on the ASX...

Sport ...yeah I love sport ...Golfing many days per week ....

Really enjoying your RANT.... Always learning and love everyones views on the markets

My record ..not hard to find ... for a really really awesome person like yourself .... ASX comps .... signatures ....
    I've never made a trade in my life.

They were some examples of Oil and Gas purchases during 2020, irrelevant without the context of how one's net worth has tracked over a period of a minimum of 5 years and preferably over multiple cycles, 20 years plus.

You can easily make a 1 Million profit GOAL for a year, you can easily make any goal. Achieving it may be harder. Depends on the capital you're working with.

You should never be stressing about daily movements of your holdings, in fact you should not even know what they are day to day.

So you seem to be suggesting your record is as promoted in your signature, or at least your signature before you removed it. It had a list of about 5 ASX companies that had gone up between 1000 and 5000% from memory.

How come most Western central banks sold off all their gold? NZ has zip now. What happened to "saving for a rainy day?".

It's pissing down outside now.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 20-03-2023 at 08:30 PM.

Investments

Final sale has begun earnestly ..." No time for fear " is my theme ....but everyone can do their own risk assessments ....

It can get ugly but why it shud stay ugly is the bigger question to answer

I think its start of the end ...recession is already here ...so as per history markets will make final bottom soon ...yes Bull will keep finding reasons to think NZX will reach 0 soon ....rates peak is done ..... No bank will raise rates even if central banks try to do the impossible

Inflation started with crude over $ 120 and shud end with it below $ 60 !!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/300834842/why-most-recent-official-cash-rate-rise-didnt-send-home-loan-rates-soaring
    Last edited by alokdhir; 20-03-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Heaps of Crashings & Smashings going on

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K2ODM3RBM642Q/

Four Wellington bars insolvent: ACC, IRD, dozens of employees and businesses claiming funds

Added to the growing list of similar sector, building & construction firms falling over in recent times

cant be good for the economy, suppliers, and any number of NZX firms servicing these sectors..

and then the toll on employees who may or may not have mortgaged homes, in times of
    rising inflation, costs and interest on borrowings..

Yeah, Blackdog a reasonable sized boat manufacturer and engineering firm just bust in Whangarei, mate who sells marine electronics for a major national retailer said his sales are off 50% and lots of clients on 'stop credit' until bills are paid.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    How come most Western central banks sold off all their gold? NZ has zip now. What happened to "saving for a rainy day?".

It's pissing down outside now.

What exactly are we to do with Gold?