sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    You don't consider opportunity cost?
    What of taking a holiday ?
    No and that would be a sad way to live.
    Life is to be lived, I would rather live a full life & be poor than be miserly & rich. Not that I'm poor so it might be an easy thing to say.

One area I can firmly say I have had an outstanding performance in is having fun.
    My motto when I was young, was to live like a Rockstar, without the talent of course. 😅
    But priorities change as you get older and I would probably be dead if I had carried on that course.

Dwelling on would've, should've, could've moments is seldom helpful, as history rarely repeats.

Red Sea action will see another inflationary hit on its way for NZ. So will the Reserve Bank need to further hike interest rates to halt the impacts of this ‘imported inflation’ and Luxon will have to say not our fault
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Red Sea action will see another inflationary hit on its way for NZ. So will the Reserve Bank need to further hike interest rates to halt the impacts of this ‘imported inflation’ and Luxon will have to say not our fault
    U are too smart to know the answer to that ...just a hint ....Consumers are almost choking on rates choke hold !!! Labour market was super tight which has reversed due to excessive immigration inflow ...thus all need tighten purses as job security confidence going or gone ....Red Sea or Blue sea wont matter much this time ...just may prolong the agony or delay the inevitable ....Now lets hear your candid views mate ...

PS : If its a worry then market will climb that too ...wall of worries to climb in 2024 and still go up ...
    Last edited by alokdhir; 01-01-2024 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    You don't consider opportunity cost?
    No serious investor would not consider opportunity cost.

It is fundamental to investing.....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    One area I can firmly say I have had an outstanding performance in is having fun. My motto when I was young, was to live like a Rockstar

The Women wanted you, the Men wanted to be you. Or was that the other way around?

Nah jokes aside must have been awesome punching out multi hundreds of % returns year after year and writing daily investment research that individuals and firms alike across the world stood by their Fax machines awaiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    The Women wanted you, the Men wanted to be you. Or was that the other way around?

Nah jokes aside must have been awesome punching out multi hundreds of % returns year after year and writing daily investment research that individuals and firms alike across the world stood by their Fax machines awaiting.
    Happy New Year to you to. 🙄

Investments

Story all good news

Central banks poised for rate cuts in 2024, investors and economists predict
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Story all good news

Winner69 still recoiling from the results of listening to investors and economists predictions for 2023 refuses to participate in '2023 returns' thread.

Last edited by SailorRob; 02-01-2024 at 08:25 AM.

Investments

Story all good news

When its common news like its becoming then it should be already in the prices ...ARE THEY ? Need your opinion that this common news / expectation of 2024 is already in the SPs or not yet ...still opportunity ahead ??

Most world markets its almost 90% discounted ...imo ...NZX / ASX will do so in coming quarter I reckon ....what say u buddy ?