sharetrader
Page 1880 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 88013801780183018701876187718781879188018811882188318841890 ... LastLast
Results 18,791 to 18,800 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    This chatter equates to similar ideas not. so long ago suggesting neutral rates moving notch down from LT averages ...

Inflation control ...main purpose of rates ...so if one. study Inflation expectations ...its reasons etc. then one can drive future LT rates expectations

Recent Inflation flare up was caused by mainly supply side issues / sudden spurt in demand after pandemic shift in human behaviour and excess supply of money to keep masses in good mood while locked or in mental distress caused by pandemic conditions etc ...all these are one off not regular features to be included in LT analysis ...

But on the other hand AI has the. potential to BOOST tremendously human productivity thus causing supply side GLUT leading to very benign rates outlook

I am in the latter AI driven productivity boost supply glut camp thus in benign rates outlook ...LT rates can only come down not move up ...if Inflation control is their only objective ...not politics etc
    Hey alokdhir …yep AI might drive productivity per se but there’s a school of thought those displaced by AI will be flat out sorting out the mess it’s created to
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey alokdhir …yep AI might drive productivity per se but there’s a school of thought those displaced by AI will be flat out sorting out the mess it’s created to
    Yes I heard someone on the radio yesterday talking unemployment rates you can't imagine. Across all levels of society.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We will learn to be more retried in our lives earlier ...so I can understand people with no work but easy money will spend more and lead to more consumerism but that will be sorted via natural negative feedback loop built by nature ...excess of everything is naturally negative ...which is showing in general obesity levels compared to 100 years back ...thus the return of healthy eating trend !!

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    asx holding that 7600 breakout with a nice bounce up of 1% today ... new market highs soon ?
    could be new market high's today on the ASX

german market latest market to go on fire , UK nearly there too for all time high's. NZ market one day anyway be the last easter of cheap chocolate if those cocoa prices stay where they are
    Last edited by bull....; 28-03-2024 at 08:34 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

could be new market high's today on the ASX

german market latest market to go on fire , UK nearly there too for all time high's. NZ market one day
    And Adrian Orr on RNZ this morning finally saying the economy is weakening, core inflation returning to the band & interest rates likely to start reducing.

No time frame offered, only lower rates are getting closer.

This should see further reductions in the 2 - 5 fixed rates.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

looks like oil wants to break in to the 80s
    holding the breakout

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    And Adrian Orr on RNZ this morning finally saying the economy is weakening, core inflation returning to the band & interest rates likely to start reducing.

No time frame offered, only lower rates are getting closer.

This should see further reductions in the 2 - 5 fixed rates.
    he has to hope so as his mandate is inflation only now so if inflation doesnt meaningly fall this yr i expect he will crush the economy even more. you know he follows the phillip's curve mandate

Investments

holding the breakout
    $ 90 is the soft top mate ...dont hold too long ....just heard on CNBC ...me just trying to take care of a buddy ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    $ 90 is the soft top mate ...dont hold too long ....just heard on CNBC ...me just trying to take care of a buddy ...lol
    thx yea that 90 pivot level be interesting to watch. i help you out yest by buying some kfl lol , i follow your nta updates and discount was to big too miss a punt

Investments

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...EZ66DG57KVCLU/

This maybe bad for general masses with low skills but great for companies to boost their profits and productivity

Heard on TV ...Tradies are the best job to train for presently as it will take the longest for AI to interfere with their work space ...