sharetrader
Page 222 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 1221722122182192202212222232242252262322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCross View Post
    At least the Brits can always laugh at themselves:

http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2016/06/24/...facebook-page/
    Brilliant ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Agree with everything you said, JBMurc. Merkel is now talking reform of the EU for the first time, something she wouldn't have said before yesterday. Oh dear I suspect Frau Merkel must be a little nervous with the result. What a shocking bloated mess the EU has become (or always was). Found this movie interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0

Yes Its shocking that ANYONE believes that GREAT Britain NEEDS the EU to tell them how to run their country, make the laws, fix the trade, control the boarders .....

Like the youtube clip the laws created by the 40,000 EU Bureaucrats is just so over board ...40 laws round toothpaste etc..

Would kiwis like to see an unelected mass of foreign bureaucrats decide how our country should be run ..make our laws .??
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I have got the nerve to ride this out and no I'm not looking forward to the next few weeks either,but for the first time in over 3 years I won't be glued to depth charts nor studying every bit of news from every direction every morning. No in order to have the nerve to ride it out with a 100% equity exposure, I will be restraining from looking at the market or reading and commenting on this forum starting Monday morning.Just need a few more dumps of snow to provide a further distraction,if your going to ride it out no point in torturing yourself by watching and analyzing the carnage to bits.
    Gutted to lose the Couta1 comments, especially on the retirement villages 😞

I personally did ok from the brexit, I had sold off 35% of my shares the week before as a hedge. I'm just waiting for the bottom to buy in again, then I'll be monitoring whether there's a knock on and timing my exit prior to that, to try to catch all the dead cat bounces. I'm even looking at selling my rental to get money for cheap stocks (but also lower my costs so I have more money for fun).

Totally didn't expect this result, thought the British media had properly sated the Brits, but didn't realise that the tabloids were routing for exit (even though someone this forum mentioned they were!).

Hope everyone else on here is able to do well, or at least not to badly from this. On the plus side, if nothing comes off it in the next 3 months (off chance it could be a slow effect), we'll see a dead cat before any potential future drops.

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    ....Unlikely Doomsday BS ..UK is the fifth largest economy in the world...and now with a much lower pound is going be great for exports and tourism .. the EU is going the way of the titanic >> the UK is getting its Sovereignty back .....The EU, which deliberately vests supreme power in the hands of unelected officials ...for the benefits of the Corporations ,Banks ...

I can't believe the scots would want to remain in the EU which has been a rolling disaster ,,,,,just look at GDP growth sub 1% since 95 yet debt ,money printing out of control ,,PIGS will default yet again >>>

Attachment 8122
    Scotland wants the EU because they get lots of financial benefits and less of the issues. Where they vote will depend on the success of the UK and ability to maintain the benefits to Scotland.

percy

I always look for guidance from the USA,in particular the S&P500 index.
    This morning it was down 3.59% to 2037.41.
    Last year it dropped at one stage to 1829.08.
    I take this to mean the US see Brexit as a minor hiccup.
    I agree with them.

Yes Its shocking that ANYONE believes that GREAT Britain NEEDS the EU to tell them how to run their country, make the laws, fix the trade, control the boarders .....

Like the youtube clip the laws created by the 40,000 EU Bureaucrats is just so over board ...40 laws round toothpaste etc..

Would kiwis like to see an unelected mass of foreign bureaucrats decide how our country should be run ..make our laws .??
    Ah well, Britain might not be that "GREAT" anymore, and neither stay a "United" Kingdom - LOL. Apparently do the North Ireland Peace Treaties require Britain to stay in the EU ... will be interesting to see how this works out. Maybe not just Scotland leaving.

Just some minor changes to your "funny" picture (I am sure I have seen the same picture for many occasions before - recycling?): Replace the EU-sail and the German flag with the Butchers apron - and put the Scottish and the Irish Flag on the smaller boat (which moves into safer waters), than the picture is at least realistic.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 25-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

....Unlikely Doomsday BS ..UK is the fifth largest economy in the world...and now with a much lower pound is going be great for exports and tourism .. the EU is going the way of the titanic >> the UK is getting its Sovereignty back .....The EU, which deliberately vests supreme power in the hands of unelected officials ...for the benefits of the Corporations ,Banks ...

I can't believe the scots would want to remain in the EU which has been a rolling disaster ,,,,,just look at GDP growth sub 1% since 95 yet debt ,money printing out of control ,,PIGS will default yet again >>>

Attachment 8122
    Doomsday BS Really?
    The Brexit side claimed that the Remain side were scaremongering. Just refer to the Brexit Speeches
    However already the coveted AAA rating for the UK from S&P is gone http://fortune.com/2016/06/24/britai...r-brexit-vote/ It is already happening
    Several banks have already indicated jobs will go from London to Paris and Dublin. Search it and look on the news sites Banks have started to announce their new intentions
    Unsurprising that Boris Johnson was booed in London. Google it
    Unsettling of the peace accord in Ireland could spark destablisation and resumption of terrorism there. Conjecture true but Sinn Fein have already stated they want a referendum on a united Ireland. The republic of Ireland are concerned about the loss of open borders. Search it
    Another (more likely successful) push for Scottish independence as a result of this result could have additional economic consequences. It was close last time. Sturgeon has already stated that the result means another referendum is called for.
    Long term problems for the UK My opinion based on the expert opinions of economists and others during the campaign.
    & what's the betting that the Brexiteers will blame anybody but themselves? My opinion
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-06-2016 at 03:12 PM.

New leaders ? ( Boris Johnson & Donald Trump )

It's part of an international conspiracy against hairdressers !

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Gutted to lose the Couta1 comments, especially on the retirement villages 

I personally did ok from the brexit, I had sold off 35% of my shares the week before as a hedge. I'm just waiting for the bottom to buy in again, then I'll be monitoring whether there's a knock on and timing my exit prior to that, to try to catch all the dead cat bounces. I'm even looking at selling my rental to get money for cheap stocks (but also lower my costs so I have more money for fun).

Totally didn't expect this result, thought the British media had properly sated the Brits, but didn't realise that the tabloids were routing for exit (even though someone this forum mentioned they were!).

Hope everyone else on here is able to do well, or at least not to badly from this. On the plus side, if nothing comes off it in the next 3 months (off chance it could be a slow effect), we'll see a dead cat before any potential future drops.

Couta's done the right thing. Too many of us march to the beat of the market drum on a minute by minute basis. It's good to check out for awhile.