sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Membaa

For those who are interested, IC released an update 16 Jan which includes the fixes for Win10 64-bit users. Works fine for me, even snappy performance within a Parallels Desktop virtual machine on Mac OSX El Capitan v10.11.2. The issue was about how IC set its 'compatibility mode' up under different Windows versions.

So cred to IC who have recognised the issues and fixed them, well done.

Membaa

Well I have to give credit where it's due, Incredible Charts (IC) have released their Win10 fix-up and it works really well, even tidies up the UI a bit so it looks like a Win10 App. Very snappy response and automatically sets up the compatibility settings for Win10 and/or older versions of Windows. IC is a good honest down to earth technical analysis/charting software.

Shame though is that us NZX investors still have to rely on the crappy Yahoo data, which really is a disgraceful joke with non-trading days included and discrepancies on OHLC prices against more reliable data sources. I tend to use Incredible Charts mainly for the non-NZX stocks and indices now. That's a pity, you'd think Incredible Charts gave a sh1t about NZ investors, but clearly they don't or they would find a decent NZX/NZAX/NXT data source. I'd even pay a subscription for that.

JMO
    BAA

I have mentioned this issue of crappy yahoo data with them but I think it comes down to the number of NZ subscribers,which must be small or they would do something about it.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    I have mentioned this issue of crappy yahoo data with them but I think it comes down to the number of NZ subscribers,which must be small or they would do something about it.
    I agree completely. If Colin realised or accepted that it only takes a reliable data source to convert his NZ free users to paying users, he might just subscribe to the NZX, NZAX and NXT data. Only he know how many users that could bring over to IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I agree completely. If Colin realised or accepted that it only takes a reliable data source to convert his NZ free users to paying users, he might just subscribe to the NZX, NZAX and NXT data. Only he know how many users that could bring over to IC.
    Thank you for the feedback. We did investigate NZX data and found a reliable source of end-of-day (NZX) data at affordable prices. Unfortunately the deal-breaker was NZX royalties at $1250 per month, about 3 times the royalties that we pay for equivalent ASX data (which we consider really expensive). We would still be prepared to take it on if we could find a way to spread the cost over a sufficient number of subscribers for us break even. Suggestions would be welcomed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ColinTwiggs View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. We did investigate NZX data and found a reliable source of end-of-day (NZX) data at affordable prices. Unfortunately the deal-breaker was NZX royalties at $1250 per month, about 3 times the royalties that we pay for equivalent ASX data (which we consider really expensive). We would still be prepared to take it on if we could find a way to spread the cost over a sufficient number of subscribers for us break even. Suggestions would be welcomed.
    Welcome to ST Colin.

I hope you get a lot of positive feed back.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ColinTwiggs View Post
    Hi Colin, welcome, thanks for taking the initiative to join in.

I have been a user of your excellent charting software for many years, though it is only in the past year or so that I have noticed that there many data issues with Yahoo data (out of your control), such that the charts are rendered unreliable. I suggested switching to Google Finance API as their data seems more reliable, but discovered that their API had been devolved.

So onto what seems to be the only alternative, sourcing bona-fide NZX data via one of the data vendors. You say that you have located an affordable source but can't justify the additional expense of the NZX royalties, even at break even (which is a generous offer).

Does this mean that from your analysis of IC subscribers that currently download NZX Yahoo data (for free) that the total number of those subscribers (if converted to paying subscribers) is still insufficient to break even, or have you calculated a breakeven number of subscribers and don't think sufficient percentage of free subscribers will convert to paying subscribers?

I guess I'm asking, without you having to disclose actual subscriber numbers and breakeven paying subscriber numbers, how far apart is it, from being a viable proposition for end-of day data, and if known, for real-time intraday data?

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    YES!!!! Thankyou clip that has solved the issue,you are awesome dude of the month (Jan haha).
    I'm so pleased.
    Only just checked back this thread but glad this sorted you out