sharetrader
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

There is now 93k for 5 years awaiting funding if anyone is interested.

360K currently waiting for investing in 5 Year loans....

5 Year lending appears to have slowed right down since the end of the last quarter at SM

Has anybody been getting serious funding into 5 Year loans recently apart from rats and mice single figures?

My Interest and Capital payments from SM are now going into Finance Direct ( Lending Crowd's parent )

Interesting that Squirrel issues loan to borrowers at fixed listed rates (average 12.56% according to the site currently), takes its 2% cut, deducts its 2% shield buffer, but then also keeps the Investor rate difference (loan bought first by squirrel at 9%, then onsold to investor at 8.5%, due to lack of sufficient loans causing investors to undercut each other). Isn't this a hidden unadvertised fees on loan, or have I misunderstood this model?

Quote Originally Posted by beacon View Post
    Interesting that Squirrel issues loan to borrowers at fixed listed rates (average 12.56% according to the site currently), takes its 2% cut, deducts its 2% shield buffer, but then also keeps the Investor rate difference (loan bought first by squirrel at 9%, then onsold to investor at 8.5%, due to lack of sufficient loans causing investors to undercut each other). Isn't this a hidden unadvertised fees on loan, or have I misunderstood this model?
    Or just Free market principles at work?

Quote Originally Posted by Saamee View Post
    Or just Free market principles at work?
    Free market in the ability investors have to undercut each other and jump the Q. But if you are Squirrel, and you buy a $100,000 loan at 9% for 5 years and sell it a microsecond later to 10 investors at 8.5%, you are reaping 0.5% on the life of the loan with no money down. In my understanding it is called Fee, not Free Market... but maybe that's not what Squirrel is doing... Or is it?

Wow, you're saying Squirrel is bidding for loans on its own platform? That would be highly unethical...

And yes I am having trouble putting money to work now.

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Wow, you're saying Squirrel is bidding for loans on its own platform? That would be highly unethical...

And yes I am having trouble putting money to work now.
    Yes, I was not quite sure what Beacon was trying to say.

I know I have bought Squirrel loans before ( @ 9% ) - Sounds like somehow Beacon knew they were SM issued loans and then the free market of Investors had a Dutch Auction lowering the rate obtained!

@beacon SM has got to make money somehow. SM is a business with employees, rent, etc to pay as well as a platform to maintain and marketing expenses and the list goes on. I'm personally very happy with the returns, much better than the 3% I would get from bank term deposits.

Squirrel Money has just passed the $2mil mark of Potential Borrowers for the first time ever.
    Screenshot_20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by icyfire View Post
    Squirrel Money has just passed the $2mil mark of Potential Borrowers for the first time ever.
    Screenshot_20.jpg
    Well that didn't last very long. 5 hours later and I can't see where $700k has gone! Certainly wasn't picked up by SM lenders.
    ScreenHunt.jpg