sharetrader
Page 94 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I know nothin .....but it could be a case of buy the rumour sell the fact
    Yes that is what concerns me. I've certainly noticed the clean break up through the 100 day MA like a lot of others have but...Ogden wouldn't have resigned without very good reason I would have thought, so maybe some people are counting their chickens before they've hatched ? One things for sure, although some people recently buying at $1.07 might be feeling a little clucky, poor beleaguered IPO investors sure aren't !
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-06-2017 at 02:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes that is what concerns me. I've certainly noticed the clean break up through the 100 day MA like a lot of others have but...Ogden wouldn't have resigned without very good reason I would have thought, so maybe some people are counting their chickens before they've hatched ? One things for sure, although some people recently buying at $1.07 might be feeling a little clucky, poor beleaguered IPO investors sure aren't !
    I'm kind of thinking he was asked to leave by Tegel, but that's only my thoughts. He wasn't a very good chairmen for them and he didn't give me any confidence in the time he was the chair of the company

Its just that chickens (due to their rubberiness) bounce higher than cats.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I'm kind of thinking he was asked to leave by Tegel, but that's only my thoughts. He wasn't a very good chairmen for them and he didn't give me any confidence in the time he was the chair of the company
    Ogden seems to bringing bad 'luck' to some of his other directorships - The Warehouse and Summerset
    Last edited by winner69; 23-06-2017 at 03:40 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ogden seems to bringing bad 'luck' to some of his other directorships - The Warehouse and Summerset
    Yeah I thought to myself when they read out his directorships at the AGM, other than SUM, he had a fine bunch of dogs(Even SUM acting like one currently)

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good on you Hardt (And sincerely meant).

You should not make the assumptions however that the rebound is sustainable (until it really is).

Also, investors have choice to invest and you will find this revealing (I believe you also have the stock) - I found myself for example with a rather large position in another stock (knowingly) and there is no contest which stock I prefer to be in.

One has not disappointed the market, consistently delivers and is on a solid international growth path. The other has disappointed the market, been frugal with the truth and has limited growth upside.

Choose between ATM and TGH - no contest.
    I already have 30% of my net worth ( of my short life's work ) in ATM, I'm not comfortable with putting anything more down, no matter how well I have done with them so far.

Quants on Tegel are solid, disregard the previous overly optimistic forecasting and just look at the numbers, explosive growth is never going to be available in a #1 market leader in NZ... Organic growth domestically and moderate export growth including a well above market dividend is all there.

Very much looking forward to the results next week, as previously stated the 105-110 entry opened up a 20-30% upside in the couple months. If the results land anywhere in the wide forecast.

Either way, it was a solid pick that many took advantage of early with very little downside in my opinion ( uncertainty breeds bargains ).
    Last edited by hardt; 24-06-2017 at 02:56 AM.

Tegel was due for rebound after slide in their stock prices. There is a value in chicken. Did Forsyth Barr upgrade to outperform in April 2017? I think so. Long term fundamentals are intact barring they don’t see any strong competition.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Really though Hoop it all depends on the annoucement on Tuesday doesn't it. A good result and trend upward will continue, a bad result and it will go back down. People are taking positions at the moment expecting a fairly solid result in line with guidance. It completely depends on the result where this goes.

Exactly, or is it?...Most investors (including me) have FA dialed in as a default in their personal makeup.. and therefore puts major focus on the announcement....Are there other factors in play??
    I wait for the break out..not Tuesday...

Disc: on watchlist

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Last time there was a rebound back up to the long term trend was in Dec 16 and I don't think I need to tell you what happened next.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Last time there was a rebound back up to the long term trend was in Dec 16 and I don't think I need to tell you what happened next.
    It went down again .....but silver, this time it's different
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”