sharetrader
Page 46 of 160 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Hope Aleida has started - and getting ready to pump out some good news

Job really about schmoozing up to analysts / fundies though - sounds almost indecent eh

https://www.nzx.com/companies/TGH/announcements/290045
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Thank you percy.

How about TGH today? Up by more than 0.67% on a above average volume. Similarly, there were good demand for different type of food stocks including chicken stocks globally.

Day's Range: 1.50 - 1.51
    52wk Range: 1.50 - 1.80
    Volume: 2,067,878
    Avg Vol (3m): 689,627

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Again,yes,yes,yes.
    Agree with your factors to watch and general comments.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 30-09-2016 at 11:18 PM.

percy

Some days I am slow.Other days I am very slow.Today I was extremly slow.!!
    Rang my broker this morning enquiring about the Ingham's IPO.He had no details yet,but thought the intos may have been driving TGH sp lower, so as to make Ingham's strike price lower. He told me to add to our TGH holding.Told him I would see what happened this afternoon.!..lol.
    sp up 6 cents or 4%.So have the pass the parcel intos shot themselves in the foot?
    Last edited by percy; 03-10-2016 at 04:38 PM.

Dilettante

Rang my broker this morning enquiring about the Ingham's IPO.He had no details yet,but thought the intos may have been driving TGH sp lower, so as to make Ingham's strike price lower.
    That's basically the same as they say in an article in the NBR today.

Banned

The buildup has stoked concerns over a glut of meat, poultry and other agricultural products in the U.S. Producers are on track to send a record number of hogs and chickens to slaughter this year, and beef production is rapidly increasing. Dairy farmers are spoiling excess milk in their fields as warehouses pile up excesscheese. Also, corn, soybean and wheat growers are preparing for a fourth consecutive year of bumper harvests this fall....

http://www.wsj.com/articles/cattle-hog-prices-fall-to-multiyear-lows-on-production-concerns-1475516851

Back to $1.50 - that was a short burst of enthusiasm wasn't it getting to $1.60

Surely can't go any lower - they will not it will they .....but their job of getting it up to $1.90 in December sothey can start selling is getting harder and harder as sentiment sours
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Back to $1.50 - that was a short burst of enthusiasm wasn't it getting to $1.60

Surely can't go any lower - they will not it will they .....but their job of getting it up to $1.90 in December sothey can start selling is getting harder and harder as sentiment sours
    Half price chicken legs for $4.99 = half price shares?

Above posted 16-4-2016
    Since then there has been very little news.
    The "Room for export growth" is proving right with the very positive announcement that Tegel will be able to export fresh chicken to Australia.
    The Ingham float does give investors another chanal to invest in the chicken market,and may be one of the reasons for recent sp weakness.
    The agm on 19th October should give an update of trading.
    The reasons I brought into TGH remain intact.
    Well your reasons are still valid...just as those that stayed out of the IPO and the secondary market to date because this is another Aussie based Private Equity transaction are equally , if not now more so, valid.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Well your reasons are still valid...just as those that stayed out of the IPO and the secondary market to date because this is another Aussie based Private Equity transaction are equally , if not now more so, valid.
    Yes,no,yes no.maybe..!!
    I may make a decision on the 19th.
    Until that time I just don't know.!!

Seems sentiment has really turned foul on this one and its hard to see the SP taking flight until the Inghams float is done and dusted.
    Private equity tapping the market for so much in such a short space of time on both sides of the Tasman in this sector almost makes me wonder what they know about this sector that punters don't ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine