sharetrader
Page 64 of 141 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Never a good sign when Chairman leaves the company suddenly and no substantial reason given. Smells foul!
    Smells fowl to me.

Banned

Until today's announcement I did see 'long term' value here and was prepared to hold. This resignation though and the lack of published reason for it smells pretty bad.

What really concerns me is that he will presumably have been briefed in the last couple of days on the shape of FY17 results at the end of April.

What a shambles this has been. Their communication's have been shocking since the IPO. How embarrassing that it could go sub $1 after listing at the lowest end of guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    What a shambles this has been. Their communication's have been shocking since the IPO. How embarrassing that it could go sub $1 after listing at the lowest end of guidance.
    Private equity wanted to try and get up to $2.50 for this stale old bird at one point. Imagine how fowl the current situation would be if they'd got away with that !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

“Obviously there has been some fallout between the largest shareholder and the board. I would say it was not an amicable split.”
    However, the trading desk of one big broking firm concluded there were no implications for Tegel’s performance.
    “We have done some checking and it appears to be nothing to do with TGH per se, rather it is reflective of James’ workload etc. He has seen the business through the [prospectus forecast] period and decided to move on, don’t read anything into it re business performance from what we understand.”

Analyst meeting
    Amid the surprise over Mr Ogden’s exit there is talk around the market of his one-on-one meeting with Forsyth Barr analyst James Bascand some weeks ago.
    NBR understands the two met for coffee one morning and Mr Bascand subsequently referred to the meeting in information shared with institutional equities teams and fund managers.
    It is not unusual for analysts to meet with company directors and there is no suggestion Mr Ogden disclosed material non-public information to Mr Bascand.
    Forsyth Barr’s most recent research note on Tegel on April 9 upgraded the company to “outperform.”

Last edited by hardt; 05-05-2017 at 12:49 PM.

So shareholders have apparently lost 30 mill market cap in a day, over a secret fall out. They should come clean about differing opinions and quickly disclose exactly what has happened in full detail. Otherwise it stinks. Mind you if the SP goes down to $1.06 and back up to $1.17, I will be pleased as punch.

The Board needs to explain the reasons for the Chairman's departure – there are few things worse for investor confidence than uncertainty. With no explanation, people will assume the worst (and will sometimes be right to do so).

FWIW, I took a long look at TGH when the share price dropped into the $1.30+ range and decided the uncertainties were too high. Specifically, I wasn't convinced that the company would generate enough free cash flow at prevailing prices for their products. It has now dropped to a level where I will have another look at it. I suppose the three obvious questions are (i) when/if the pricing for Tegal branded chicken will improve (ii) whether there is room to boost margin by cutting costs and (iii) whether TGH can increase exports enough to make a difference.

The man who was here from the beginning, probably couldn't handle the disappointing run... Couldn't be happier to see him go quite honestly.

I picked up a small parcel at 110, TGH is at a lofty discount to its future cash flows and enterprise value, it is a great opportunity for long term investors.
    Last edited by hardt; 05-05-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    The man who was here from the beginning, probably couldn't handle the disappointing run... Couldn't be happier to see him go quite honestly.

I picked up a small parcel at 110, TGH is at a lofty discount to its future cash flows and enterprise value, it is a great opportunity for long term investors.
    Splutter. !!!..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Splutter. !!!..
    My holding is small enough for me to keep a dry forehead if a profit downgrade [ markets chinese whisper ] comes to fruition, speculating never did anyone any good.

price to book is around 0.85 currently, P/E of 11-13 and growth on the horizon [through the woods] It ticks a few boxes for me personally...

Lets revisit in November and see where we are!