sharetrader
Page 64 of 160 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

IMO

Thanks for clueing me up guys. Have bacon rarely now as with all the sulphites etc added its on the unhealthiest food list now. When i do , i microwave between paper towels until crispy; removes all that fat.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Part of the normal curing process I am told JT. Have you tried expensive dry cured bacon....superb !.
    Could not agree more Roger.. My first breakfast in Ukraine/Russia is always their superb bacon.. ( very cheap in NZ$ )

Did not know about the " water boarding " of our chicken though ...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    An FYI....

The NZ poultry industry uses 'spin chillers' (quite unique compared to other countries) to chill down the carcases after slaughter - basically a big ice bath. It's known that the meat will absorb 10-15% in water weight from this process.

Ever notice chicken 'sweats', particularly after you defrost it?
    Be a good way to have the entire contents equally distributed with bacteria as well

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rep View Post
    Be a good way to have the entire contents equally distributed with bacteria as well
    Agree there.Buy them frozen,not fresh is best.Cooking well from 1/2 frozen,keeps the Camphylo away

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Agree there.Buy them frozen,not fresh is best.Cooking well from 1/2 frozen,keeps the Camphylo away
    If you cook a fresh chicken appropriately then it's not an issue - one of the largest vectors for infection is cross contamination. Even washing or handling uncooked chicken and avoiding cross contamination in a domestic kitchen is problematic for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    These days supermarkets and fresh food shops are around everywhere - buy whatever you want fresh (tastes better and safer), and cook within a day or two.

Food is cheap compared to medicine & treatment for food poisoning!

Advanced Member

So we lay this problem at the feet of " Big Pharma " .. :-)))

All time low at the moment

Probably about fair value

Promoters won't be getting as much as they first thought when they come to sell later in the year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

So...another all time low, now down to $1.16. Investors must be feeling like they have been well and truly plucked by private equity corporate "spin". What a fowl deal this listing turned out to be, surely a few feathers must be ruffled on anyone still holding ! $1.00 soon enough I suppose ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-03-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So...another all time low, now down to $1.16. Investors must be feeling like they have been well and truly plucked by private equity corporate "spin". What a fowl deal this listing turned out to be, surely a few feathers must be ruffled on anyone still holding ! $1.00 soon enough I suppose ?
    Absolutely not surprised.. NZ competing in the Chicken Market Export .. ???..

Only if we attempt for the higher end. Up against distance.. Ain't going to happen..

I really think ( and said ) that punters were sold a pup ( sorry Roger ) from the beginning on this one

Fowl indeed.