sharetrader
Page 65 of 160 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Cage him

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So...another all time low, now down to $1.16. Investors must be feeling like they have been well and truly plucked by private equity corporate "spin". What a fowl deal this listing turned out to be, surely a few feathers must be ruffled on anyone still holding ! $1.00 soon enough I suppose ?
    Terrible puns mate. It must go against forum etiquette.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Terrible puns mate. It must go against forum etiquette.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Guilty .. :-)

Ogg posted on the 15/3/16..."this will be the next Dick Smith"...And yet some folk despair why kiwis put there dosh in property.
    Like Fletcher Building....what a disgrace...Like a shortage/dearth of labour and supplies would not result in.......Like was it a surprise...
    Last edited by troyvdh; 21-03-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Advanced Member

Disagree with the statement ..."this will be the next Dick Smith"...

It will survive.. Just will not come up to all the hype given it at IPO time.. Another lesson has been learnt ( maybe ) about IPO's

DYOR Aye !!!

Gosh I'm glad Percy and I got out as soon as the interim results were released. What a load of rubbish that report was with them praising 'fantastic' results the whole way through. They really annoy me Tegel.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Although I don't know alot about (nor plan to research to far into) Tegel... I will not be touching this one (anyone else smelling Hirepool 2?)

Seems like an extremely low net profit margin, with a 'medium' PE given what I expect will be relatively low growth (if any), and I haven't even begun considering other balance sheet factors, the factors that ultimately brought down DSE (like debt).

Not sure if there is export opportunities that could 'boost' growth, but I would be cautious. For me, a good dividend yield, that the institutions will like in this seemingly ever decreasing interest rate environment, is the only thing that will 'get it away'... and in my view that is a dangerous thing to be 'buying the yield, not the company'
    Hard to believe I posted this just over a year ago.. glad I stuck with my original thoughts and didn't touch it. I even recall soon(ish) after when they started talking up how much interest they had received. It is high profile/large listings like this that do not help the NZX entice other companies listed.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hard to believe I posted this just over a year ago.. glad I stuck with my original thoughts and didn't touch it. I even recall soon(ish) after when they started talking up how much interest they had received. It is high profile/large listings like this that do not help the NZX entice other companies listed.
    Yeah, it was still an easy stag. Only a couple of pips but ...hey. Different if you hung around.

Advanced Member

Just be patient and let it settle to it's real platform..

A very limited growth company IMO..

Possibly a good dividend payer..

Diisc. Never a holder..
    Last edited by janner; 21-03-2017 at 09:57 PM.

FWIW, in some parts of the world food with a "clean" reputation is very much in demand. Where I live, periodic health issues with poultry from across the border in the PRC is incentivisting Hong Kong consumers towards products imported from further afield or fresh local product. Anecdotally, the unfolding Brazilian meat scandal is also turning people away from Brazilian poultry.

So I wouldn't discount the potential to achieve at least some growth in export sales and, given where the share price has fallen to, I'm inclined to have a closer look at TGH. That said, I suspect that if I do put my hand up and buy some, it will be on he basis that they will pay a decent dividend rather than because I think it is a long term growth stock.

Disc: not held

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Absolutely not surprised.. NZ competing in the Chicken Market Export .. ???..

Only if we attempt for the higher end. Up against distance.. Ain't going to happen..

I really think ( and said ) that punters were sold a pup ( sorry Roger ) from the beginning on this one

Fowl indeed.
    Couldn't agree more and no need to feel sorry for me mate. I have never held and also called the veracity of IPO projections and investment case into question right from the start.
    I suppose once it hits rock bottom it is worth something but its quite humorous to think at one stage the promotors tried to flog this thing off for $2.50 a share.
    I guess greed has no bounds is the moral of the story. Let it settle until after the first full years result and we'll see where the true value lies...quite probably under $1 somewhere.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine