sharetrader
Page 66 of 160 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    quite probably under $1 somewhere.
    At the prices they are getting at present I do not holdout much hope for a decent dividend.

Not feeling sorry for you .. Just a reference to your liking of pups..

Disc.. Not a holder

I hold some of these, I think that at $1-16 they are a reasonable hold. You cant rubbish all IPO's just because others go fut. At least Tegel has a product that is in demand. I dont think I would put in more than 20k just in case.

I agree that Tegel has a product that is in demand.

Surprisingly Tegel was underperforming the other listed poultry companies in global markets. Is it due to limited market share for their products or less growth opportunity here? Can they have some market share in export market?

Currently there are some few issues in global poultry markets such as Outbreaks of Avian Influenza in North America, Brazil’s meat scandal and some supply issues in EU etc. Asia’s appetite for chicken meat will dominate over the coming years, and demand for eggs will also be higher. Many believe the world’s consumption of poultry meat will have grown by 27 percent by 2023, and 40 percent of this growth will come from Asia. Their sales growth is much higher than developed markets. Even in the current financial year well-managed strong poultry companies should outperform broader markets especially during second half of this year.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11822320

http://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/...BB10F%7D&cck=1

Can it build a mid and long term sustainable business model like some other well established global poultry companies in developed and development world?
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I hold some of these, I think that at $1-16 they are a reasonable hold. You cant rubbish all IPO's just because others go fut. At least Tegel has a product that is in demand. I dont think I would put in more than 20k just in case.

Thats why the market is penalising them by 37 cents per share from the IPO. Which translates to nearly $132 mill in market capitalisation. Thats why I would sink my life savings into it.

14 doesnt sound too bad, just the same sold down some on friday. With all that goodwill, I see it settling down at just below a dollar. Disc Still a holder.

Yeah net total assets minus intangibles equals 86 cents per share so could see it drop just below a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Yeah net total assets minus intangibles equals 86 cents per share so could see it drop just below a dollar.

NTA according to the company is 44 cents a share - but NZX /ANZ says 38.6 cents (so depends on how you count it eh)

What's wrong with high intangibles anyway - in this case it is the 'value of the brand' per see. Without a brand they don't have a business
    Last edited by winner69; 25-03-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

agree to separately marketing the free range products, Inghams does this with their Waitoa brand. It's a bit tricky if you're targeting both "value" and welfare customers with the same brand name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    LOL, that's the brand of chicken I buy. I didn't even know it was owned by Inghams. I buy it because it's green and has the free range images on it. It's also the most expensive chicken at New World, so that makes me think it's the best.
    Brilliant eh?