sharetrader
Page 68 of 160 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Not the clearest of Notes in the AR but assumptions supporting the intangible number are EBITDA growth of 6% pa for the next 5 years and then 3% pa forever. They used a cost of capital of 9.3%

Seeing H217 EBITDA is expected to be +20% on H216 assumptions look conservative eh
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    NTA according to the company is 44 cents a share - but NZX /ANZ says 38.6 cents (so depends on how you count it eh)

What's wrong with high intangibles anyway - in this case it is the 'value of the brand' per see. Without a brand they don't have a business
    Yeah the NZX/ANZ calculations also factor in liabilities which my calculation did not. Just noticed ANZ securities reuters tab say NTA is $1.10 per share... hmm.

I don't normally have anything against intangibles but i find the amount of goodwill on Tegel's books to be excessive and used as a tool to justify such a high price on IPO day. However, i'm not saying it should be zero either.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Yeah the NZX/ANZ calculations also factor in liabilities which my calculation did not. Just noticed ANZ securities reuters tab say NTA is $1.10 per share... hmm.

I don't normally have anything against intangibles but i find the amount of goodwill on Tegel's books to be excessive and used as a tool to justify such a high price on IPO day. However, i'm not saying it should be zero either.
    The intangibles go back to the time when Ross Group acquired NZ Poultry in 2011 for $250m odd (plus debt)

It has been subject to review each year since and found to be 'acceptable' each time ....at least from a private company point of view.

It was not jacked up to support the IPO - been the carrying value for a few years. Some may think it was too high but punters were aware of what they were offered.

Fy17 should see a ROIC of about 8% - not that flash (if they reckon cost of capital of 9%) but sort of justifies the asset values reported
    Last edited by winner69; 26-03-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Turkeys are normally raised in the open. Calling them cage free is a wasted adjective.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    'Conventional' poultry chicken is raised in Barns. Only cages they ever see (and that goes for the FR ones also) is on the truck from the farm to the abattoir

Just read an old article about the IPO. "The first shares of Tegel will sell for $1-55, well short of the $2-50 high it predicted, but the IPO has been oversubscribed". Predicted, perhaps wishing for, or talking it up. Just how did they expect to get $2-50, That would have included a further massive amount of Goodwill.

Investor

The slide continues....

disc-like their chicken not their shares though

Liking their shares better as time goes by. Always liked their chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    If the chicken portions they supply KFC become any smaller, they might as well use nibbles as drumsticks!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    If the chicken portions they supply KFC become any smaller, they might as well use nibbles as drumsticks!
    Ahh more profit for Tegel, they may need every penny.

Super Investor

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Basil "A happy customer, quick stuff it."
    h2