sharetrader
Page 74 of 160 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Talk about saving IPO investors bacon !.
    Their bacon got sizzled because they believed the " Porkies "..

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Animal farm anyone 2 legs good ,4 legs better

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    There's a reasonable global demand for beef, turkey, and chicken "bacon".

I wonder if Tegel might want to consider the "halal bacon substitute" market.

Quote Originally Posted by GTM 3442 View Post
    There's a reasonable global demand for beef, turkey, and chicken "bacon".

I wonder if Tegel might want to consider the "halal bacon substitute" market.
    Tegel *invented* chicken bacon back in 2002!

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU021...to-fly-hig.htm

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    Tegel *invented* chicken bacon back in 2002!

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU021...to-fly-hig.htm
    "I managed to find some turkey bacon in the United States and in the UK, but chicken didn’t feature in any of the major markets. While it may exist in some tiny market somewhere, we couldn’t find it so we believe it’s another world first for New Zealand.”

Having seen and tried it in Egypt somewhat before 2002, I'll take the comment from Category Manager Christine Taylor with a grain of salt.

"I managed to find some turkey bacon in the United States and in the UK, but chicken didn’t feature in any of the major markets. While it may exist in some tiny market somewhere, we couldn’t find it so we believe it’s another world first for New Zealand.”

Having seen and tried it in Egypt somewhat before 2002, I'll take the comment from Category Manager Christine Taylor with a grain of salt.
    Chicken bacon (and ham) certainly gets served in Muslim countries or in what are termed halal eating places where I have visited in Asia and the Middle East. They are not that popular however as they lack the flavor and crispyness of real bacon.

Tegel's problems have a lot to do with the ramped up production of poultry in Australasia. Demand has not kept pace and exports are not really ramping up fast enough to absorb the increased supply.

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Chicken bacon (and ham) certainly gets served in Muslim countries or in what are termed halal eating places where I have visited in Asia and the Middle East. They are not that popular however as they lack the flavor and crispyness of real bacon.

Tegel's problems have a lot to do with the ramped up production of poultry in Australasia. Demand has not kept pace and exports are not really ramping up fast enough to absorb the increased supply.
    Vile though it may be, the Middle East tourism industry (with the exception of the Hilton at Ras Al Khaimah) goes through tonnes of the stuff.

Someone's going to sell it to them. Why not Tegel?

Vile though it may be, the Middle East tourism industry (with the exception of the Hilton at Ras Al Khaimah) goes through tonnes of the stuff.

Someone's going to sell it to them. Why not Tegel?
    Tegel has actually been doing a good job of increasing exports. Whether the exports are as profitable as the domestic market is however difficult to assess as there is no breakdown of profitability between domestic sales vs exports.

Hard to see Tegel being able to compete very successfully with exports from the likes of Brazil (US$6.2 billion), US ($3.06b), Netherlands ($2.1b) and China ($1.03b)*

* Source - WTEx

Another downgrade is not coming... no news is actually good news - the market is just erratic and speculative.

Will wait for it to plateau a little, then I will accumulate a large portion before the results land on 27th of June.

BE SURE TO HOLD ME TO ACCOUNT COME THE RESULTS IN JUNE...