sharetrader
Page 83 of 160 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

percy

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    As chairman he had some more power to make things right. He took the easy way out.
    Not so.
    A lesser man would have stayed.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    As chairman he had some more power to make things right. He took the easy way out.
    Pray tell me what was he to do?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Pray tell me what was he to do?
    I think bottomfeeder wants James to restore the sp back to at least IPO level?
    Last edited by Balance; 21-05-2017 at 10:02 AM.

For a good laugh - from comments in NBR a few months ago :

"It is a foul thing to commit to these strutting bantam roosters and their crowing claims of endless growth, a great turnaround story and a steady stream of profits making retail investors rich.

What do they take us for, a pack of silly old chooks? Most of us know that private equity isn’t there to make retail investors rich, retail investors are there to make private equity rich! Of course they will argue that to make an omelette from time to time you will need to break a few eggs, but the smart money knows to never put all your investment eggs into the one basket, and certainly not a private equity basket at that, for that is the quickest way for the chickens to come home to roost and a fox to be put among the hen house of poor investment returns. Sooner or later egg will end up on the retail investor’s face.

And look at Tegal and Inghams, both companies have now being left to play chicken with each other rather than delivering tasty nuggets to their investors. I think it’s getting to the stage where private equity needs to be told to scramble."

Dilettante

This really sums it up Balance. We have had far too many private equity lead IPOs in recent years that turn out bad for retail investors. I simply donīt touch any of these IPOs from private equity and while I realise I may lose out on some good opprtunities, I have no intention of changing that rule of mine. I donīt trust any of them and their pre IPO forecasts and commentary. Tegel is yet another good example and reminder.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This really sums it up Balance. We have had far too many private equity lead IPOs in recent years that turn out bad for retail investors. I simply donīt touch any of these IPOs from private equity and while I realise I may lose out on some good opprtunities, I have no intention of changing that rule of mine. I donīt trust any of them and their pre IPO forecasts and commentary. Tegel is yet another good example and reminder.
    Wasn't Summerset sold off by Quadrant Private Equity at $1.40 a share 6 ish years ago? (owned 97% of Summerset, sold 30%, had 56% in escrow at listing)
    Huge under performer all PE IPO's eh...

There's an exception to every rule TJ but by and large I think what Balance and Iceman have posted above hits the nail squarely on the head !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Wasn't Summerset sold off by Quadrant Private Equity at $1.40 a share 6 ish years ago? (owned 97% of Summerset, sold 30%, had 56% in escrow at listing)
    Huge under performer all PE IPO's eh...
    As I said in my earlier post TJ " I realise I may lose out on some good opportunitiesĻ. Nobody is saying they are all bad investments. SUM is currently one of my biggest holdings. But I simply donīt buy into private equity IPOs these days and happy to wait for the companies to get some runs on the board before I invest in them. In Tegelsīcase, it has proven to be a wise move. Each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    As I said in my earlier post TJ " I realise I may lose out on some good opportunitiesĻ. Nobody is saying they are all bad investments. SUM is currently one of my biggest holdings. But I simply donīt buy into private equity IPOs these days and happy to wait for the companies to get some runs on the board before I invest in them. In Tegelsīcase, it has proven to be a wise move. Each to their own.
    Agree with you on Tegel being one of those "iffy" buys at IPO... 1 year on and shedding almost 40% ... it has landed on a value pick for a lot of people looking for a high yielding stock at 6-8% that leads the market in an infinitely growing revenue model that has a somewhat low risk of disruption.

If the forecast is met, even on the lowest end, I would buy more shares in Tegel all the way up to 140c and look to hold for a lifetime...

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post

If the forecast is met, even on the lowest end, I would buy more shares in Tegel all the way up to 140c and look to hold for a lifetime...
    Good on you Hardt.

The market needs people like you to provide liquidity.