sharetrader
Page 89 of 160 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: Tegel IPO

Quote Originally Posted by sideline View Post
    try this link

it lists all S&P announcements, filtered for "NZ". Right now the current changes are the top announcment. I watched on Friday for the
    announcement to appear and it appeared on the list AFTER market close! Does anybody know if fund managers or other subscribers have prior access to these announcements???
    Fund managers and brokers (the proactive and progressive ones anyway) track the stocks in the indices very closely - most of the time they have a good idea of what are likely to be included and excluded in the forthcoming reviews. All based around market cap, excluded shareholdings, time on the market etc.

But gone are the days when funds make changes only on the day of the index changes - nowadays they try to take positions well ahead of time.

The fund managers and brokers subscribe as well of course to the index services - costs money. Am sure NZX gets a cut from S&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks ; let me know if you can find what stocks make up the various indices e.g. NZX 50. Im done looking.

NZX does not wish to publish this info, however they try to sell a product called 'Smartshares', one of which (FNZ) is basically the NZ50 with each
    share capped at a maximum of 5% weighting. Funds like this must regularly publish reports about their underlying investments - you will find your
    list of NZ50 shares in their last report (dated 31-03-2017). Since the amount invested in each is listed, you can also calculate the weightings.

On 31-03-2017 FNZ held 591000 TGH shares.

correction: the fund is FNZ (=fifty NZ), not TNZ ! sorry
    Last edited by sideline; 12-06-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: corrected fund code

Guru

NZX does not wish to publish this info, .
    I always wondered why, but apparently they sell it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Thanks ; let me know if you can find what stocks make up the various indices e.g. NZX 50. Im done looking.
    Yeah i tried looking that up the other month and ended up with nothing but methodology documents. Does the NZX withhold it for paying customers?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Yeah i tried looking that up the other month and ended up with nothing but methodology documents. Does the NZX withhold it for paying customers?
    try this link for the FNZ annual report.

Page 12 & 13 have the details.

try this link for the FNZ annual report.

Page 12 & 13 have the details.
    Cheers

Just bought a small parcel, have to declare soon!

Surprising strength given they are about to get the boot from NZX50. Chicken CPI up?

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    My wife and I had Carls Jnr last night, it cost us $29-90 for two and we didnt order anything extreme. WQe talked about it and it is cheaper and probably better for you to go to the supermarket, get a rotisserie chicken, saland and some rolls. So that is what we are going to do now. I bet a lot of people are thinking the same thing.
    Unfortunately the people who really need to be doing that, probably aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lego_Man View Post
    Unfortunately the people who really need to be doing that, probably aren't.
    Bang on.

Talk to the fast food operators (especially KFC) and they will tell you their best customers are from the lower socio-economic groups.