sharetrader
Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Aaron - I also thank you - your generosity in sharing this nifty program has saved my sanity - but sadly all your work has been sidelined! You must feel frustrated with LC 4sure.

i was off-line yesterday so totally missed all the mentioned changes above. Has LC made any public statement? if so where's it to be found?

An issue I have with LC is; I can only view my statements for around the first half of a month, after that trying to access just boots me out of their site! This has been on-going & unfixed for approximately 6-8 odd months ... I'm told they're working on a fix ... SO I ASK - who else has this Issue?

Quote Originally Posted by RMJH View Post
    Seems to me LC could reduce interest rates if demand from lenders is so high. I would have placed more money with LC but simply couldn't get significant volume.
    Reminds me of a saying about turkeys and Christmas.
    Last edited by joker; 18-04-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Since located their Notice!

@PennyPicker - I used your software and it was great, so thanks for creating it. I was talking about people who built their own version of your software who might not have controlled the flood of requests like yours did.
    If I was building my own, I would have it checking every 10 seconds or so and when one comes up make a number of quick investments of $100 until it was exhausted. This is how I reckon these $2500 B2s go before you can even have time to log in.

PennyPicker/ Aaron was a legend for providing this app and it was much appreciated. We got in and have beta tested a feature which Lc could implement in future.

The road forward from here will be an interesting one. Lc loan volume is small compared to other p2p operators.
    Today could be considered a fork in the road. What happens from here and how Lc handles high demand vs low volume vs limited capital to upgrade technology will be fascinating.

yeah, nah

The loss of this access is only perceived as unfair to those who used the app (a self centred view) - to all others it makes the current system fairer.

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    The loss of this access is only perceived as unfair to those who used the app (a self centred view) - to all others it makes the current system fairer.
    Not sure I'd bother using words like Fair or Unfair ... it was a Choice!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Apart from for those who cannot always access their email and login in immediately to the website?

I love the way some of you think. I've had a number of emails asking about subverting this 'restriction' and you're all very clever. The solution would surely work and could be obfuscated enough to hide the automated activity from LC. Though for the record I'm not going down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchie View Post
    ...but sadly all your work has been sidelined! You must feel frustrated with LC 4sure.
    Yes and no. As you know software always has an expiry date, and these sort of 'gap filler' apps are shorter than most. For me the enjoyment was in solving the problem of missing out on loans, and then sharing that success with others.

Just got a loan notification by email but still no joy!