sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bud

Following a highly successful pre-sales customer tour for Buddy’s new energy monitoring and verification system, Buddy Ohm, official Australian and U.S. sales start today
    • Buddy Ohm will feature at the Telstra Australian Smart Communities Conference, held at the Adelaide Convention Centre this week
    • First installations of the Buddy Ohm system have begun, as initial shipments of Buddy Ohm, Ohm Link, Ohm Sense and Ohm Pulse arrive in Australia
    • Over 80 facilities are in the queue to install their first Buddy Ohm system in Australia, representing a potential demand of over 3,500 systems
    • Australian roll-outs follow a tremendous response for Buddy Ohm at IoT World 2017 in Santa Clara, California, where followup meetings and trial installations have been scheduled representing tens of thousands of systems.

Re-rate happening, making new 52 week highs and all that. Mostly attributed to the raving success of Buddy Ohm.

A good little bullish/spruiking post on hotcopper that posts facts from the CEO and announcements only

Customer installations have now commenced in Australia, and there is presently a waiting list of high profile, nationally recognized brands awaiting the arrival of additional Ohm units into Australia for their installations...

Buddy estimates that follow-on interest and/or purchase orders were received from customers representing nearly the full first manufacturing product run (of 1000 units). The Company will release information on specific customers, deployment timings (since installations are expected to be staggered) and scenarios in the near future.

From the announcement on the 17th May 2017... The announcement on the 8th of May 2017 stated that the roadshow was due to commence that week in Australia and just 9 days later had already received follow-on interest and/or purchase orders for almost the first full manufacturing run of 1000 units...

Buddy Ohm Link commences manufacturing this week, and will be available for customers mid June 2017

This suggests it takes just 1 month from the start of manufacturing to be available to customers... Very short time frame which means they could increase their orders on demand if need be... The only thing that will determine how quickly they can deploy these things will be speed of installations/training etc... This is why they are partnering with large telcos like Digicel, this will speed uptake and installations, a win win for everybody... From the Buddy website it states that Ohm can be installed within a 'matter of hours'...

Simple hardware install

Working with a certified electrician, the Ohm base station and sensors can be installed and reporting data in a matter of hours.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more similar deals in other regions... Telstra?

So with 1000 units already sold or in the queue to be sold just from the 1 week roadshow that will bring in $12m a year revenue...

From the 31st of May, the AFR article below...

"We've got over 80 facilities in the queue for orders in Australia," he said. That represented up to 3500 individual sites. Demand in the United States and the Caribbean had also been solid, with the end users covering tens of thousands of facilities.

http://www.afr.com/business/energy/...nitoring-device-20170530-gwgtia#ixzz4n8yqgJ46

So from the 17th of May through to 31st of May the number of people in the queue had jumped from 1000 to 3500, representing 2500 increase in 2 weeks...

3500 units would be $42m revenue... Then Mr Dave Mclauchlan stated that the end users are covering 10s of 1000's of facilities... This would bring potential revenues in the $100's of millions... I say potential since I do not know how many of those 10's of 1000's will actually take up the product...

This is all recurring revenue, revenue generated every month for the life of the product... If we can sell this many units from Australia, NZ , Caribbean and US, imagine how many more we could sell in other parts of the world such as the UK and Asia... The mind boggles on the potential market cap of BUD, I am not talking millions, I am talking billions!

Mr Mclauchlan also hinted that upgrades to Ohm will occur once this product is released, which will open up new markets such as military and residential...

Buddy is currently in the process of developing a military version of Ohm with a higher degree of security to meet the requirements of government defence departments locally and internationally.

McLauchlan also said customers have been enquiring about the ability to remotely control facilities.

"Some customers have said, 'Can you go turn down the lights or the heating if the power is too high?' While we have the ability to do that, we're not rolling out that functionality at this point," McLauchlan said.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/asx-lis...for-buildings/

There have been lots of enquiries about the ability to remote control facilities... This will be interesting and they have the ability to upgrade Ohm for this function...

Another upgrade and new market would be a 'home version of Ohm'...

Since its launch earlier this year, McLauchlan said the top request that Buddy has been receiving is a "home version of Ohm". While it makes sense to offer a home version in the future using more cost-effective materials, McLauchlan said the company is focused on the enterprise version until the time is right to expand the product line.

So the demand is absolutely 'going nuts' as Dave says with heaps more in the pipeline to upgrade Ohm and bring in multiple new markets is very exciting indeed... Once the market catches on, this thing is going to multiple bag!
    Last edited by showstring; 19-07-2017 at 09:40 AM.

Closed at .25cents on Friday - share price is doing very well. Can it continue?

I think yes. I've seen stocks get to much higher valuations on much less material developments...

Buddy is potentially a major disruptor in this space with their Buddy Ohm product
    http://www.rcrwireless.com/20160808/...em-tag31-tag99

They are also in the business of MBaaS and "alternate data"

It has the potential to be the next ASX $billion+ valuation company. Right team, right sector, right time.

Have a read of their Investor Presentation from June to understand their business:
    http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2017061...qgd7jry5qq.pdf

also the latest Webinar contains good info on the positive traction they are getting with their Buddy Ohm product:
    https://vimeo.com/buddyplatform

Please note my opinion is biased. I am a holder since July 2015 (before the reverse listing) and am very bullish on the stock, as can be evident by my very "forward looking" valuations of the company from earlier posts. I may have gotten a bit ahead of the stock price in the past, but it seems to be coming together roughly 1.5 years later...
    I'm still getting used to the fact that things take a bit longer to play out than originally anticipated.

DYOR and gluck
    Last edited by showstring; 07-08-2017 at 01:35 PM.

IMO

Still in shoestring and others.?Its been a rollercoaster since 2016. when s/p was re 20c. $23 mill cap raise just done now @ 20c. Ducks lining up at last?

Largest Distribution Deal Signed with Ingram Micro CanadaDownload Document 191.12KB
    Investor Presentation
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 30-10-2017 at 02:51 PM.

yeah still in bigtime
    looking forward to $1b+ market cap and beyond