sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Earthling

Does anybody know the current composition of the NZX50? Can it be obtained and, if so, where?
    The composition of the NZX10 can be found because the holdings of the SmartShares NZX10 fund, TNZ, can be found at http://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-funds/smartlarge/tnz because they give the top 10 holdings and there are only 10 holdings. Similarly the top 10 shares in the NZX50 can be found because the top 10 holdings of the SmartShares NZX50 fund, TNZ, can be found at http://smartshares.co.nz/types-of-funds/smartlarge/fnz. But what about the other 40?
    Tim Bennett spoke at the recent NZ Shareholders Association conference. A friend told me that he asked Bennett about the availability of the indexes' composition and Bennett said that they could be obtained through the online sites of NZ sharebrokers. My friend couldn't find them on the ANZ website, and I had a quick look at the Craigs website and couldn't find them.

The link below is missing the most recent changes at the time of posting but is a start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NZX_50_Index

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face The secret list valid from 17-Sep - you did not get it from me

AIA
    AIR
    ANZ
    ARG
    ATM
    CEN
    CNU
    CVT
    EBO
    FBU
    FPH
    FRE
    FSF
    GMT
    GNE
    HBL
    IFT
    IPL
    KMD
    KPG
    MCY
    MEL
    MET
    MFT
    MPG
    NZR
    NZX
    OHE
    PCT
    PFI
    POT
    RBD
    RYM
    SCL*
    SKC
    SKT
    SPG
    SPK
    SUM
    TGH
    TME
    TPW
    TWR
    VCT
    VGL*
    VHP
    WBC
    WHS
    XRO
    ZEL

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

*SCL & VGL will replace SKL & STU from the 17-Sep
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Its just stupid how the NZX keeps this top 50 data "private" and that you have to pay to access it. I mean they run the TOP 50 ETF with their smartshares and the prospectus details which holdings they have. Also they have to announce to market which stocks are going in and which are going out at the quarterly reviews. So I do not understand the secrecy? Why play silly games.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Its just stupid how the NZX keeps this top 50 data "private" and that you have to pay to access it. I mean they run the TOP 50 ETF with their smartshares and the prospectus details which holdings they have. Also they have to announce to market which stocks are going in and which are going out at the quarterly reviews. So I do not understand the secrecy? Why play silly games.
    Legacy of wunderkid Weldon - everything that can be charged and earn fees for his nest egg, will be.

Those of you who supported him when he raped and pillaged NZX - exactly as predicted, future generations pay.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Just had a look at the capitalisation of some of those NZX50 constituents.

Orion Health (OHE): $184.129m (based on a $1.15 share price).
    Comvita (CVT): $222.913m (based on a $5,25 shareprice)
    Pacific Edge (PEB): $227.736m (based on a 57c shareprice)
    Tegal (TGH): $380.82m based on a $1.07 share price. But public float is around 55%
    0.55 x $380.82 = $209.451m

Others must just about be due for a recall?

Warehouse (WHS): $728.321m (based on a $2.10 shareprice) {Although I guess the stakes of Sir Stephen 27%, the Tindall Foundation 21% and James Pascoe 16% come out of that.}
    (1-0.56)x $728.321= $320.46m
    Skellerup (SKL): $302.705m based on a $1.57 shareprice
    Steel and Tube (STU): $225.564 (based on a $2.49 shareprice)
    PGG Wrightson (PGW): $455.361m (based on a $0.59 share price). Take out the Agria 51% holding and you still get:
    (1-0.51) x $455.361m = $223.12m

And what about the 'new guys'?

Oceania Healthcare Limited (OCA): $512.641m (based on a 84c shareprice.)

Could be quite an index shake out on the way?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 23-05-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7