sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    And the person who said new world... you mean Foodstuffs? Absolutely agree to this
    Foodstuffs is a co-operative with a North Korean management style which acts as a group buyer and financier for its members.

I can not see what benefit going public would provide for its members.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Foodstuffs is a co-operative with a North Korean management style which acts as a group buyer and financier for its members.

I can not see what benefit going public would provide for its members.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    For a lot of members, it's the equivalent of owning an ATM (a money machine, not A2 milk).

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    For a lot of members, it's the equivalent of owning an ATM (a money machine, not A2 milk).
    I have been following with interest the comments re Robt Jones. I have a lighted tale to tell. In the late seventies, two friends and myself formed an investment syndicate. When RJI came along, I think it was 82 or 83, we bought some. Due to poor judgement, we didn't sell and they eventually ended up as Asian Growth Properties. Recently, we received a div cheque for 530 pounds On checking the share price, we came up with a figure 34.561. Great jubilation, these are worth 220000 dollars Hilarity lasted 20 minutes when we realised it was 34 pence 2200 dollars I personally held quite a few, at one stage coming in at no 18 I came out of them Ok,a little belated but not bad I have 2 words to describe Sir B A--- Hole

My Food Bag
    Weta

Quote Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
    My Food Bag
    Weta
    We're just trying My Food Bag (Gourmet version) this week. It was a Christmas present that we've only just got around to using.
    The food is really good!! Interesting recipes that even I can cook and the results are delicious.
    But is it sustainable? We're trying it, but I don't think we'd repeat more than once or twice a year.

Guru

Freightlines

Count me as another fully paid up member of the anti Bob Jones brigade. I was lucky to largely exit well to buy a house but later watched almost in disbelief a balance evaporate as NZ shareholders were sold down the drain whilst Bob walked away continuing to build his empire privately. It had seemed to me that few posters on this site had long standing knowledge of the market and might also be much more wary of Asian control if they had been disenfranchised and observed the company disemboweled as it was maneuvered offshore to Asia.

IMO

TODD .im not really intimate with their history but hasn't it been fabulous accretive all the way; have they had many stuffups. Latest; building a $6 billion Iron Ore Op and railway in Aus. Anyone know who the investment gurus are in this company?

https://thewest.com.au/business/min...to-build-6m-balla-balla-project-ng-b88425297z

I'm waiting for Vend to list.