sharetrader
Page 16 of 208 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Winner remember my original post why did the original owners want to sell?

quote:Originally posted by winner69

Minder 8/5/03 posted -

There will be many tears cried when the building downturn in Australasia bite into Feltex in the next few years.

Forbar is only doing what the 'thickos' out there want - high yields. CSFB however is very very smart to take advantage of their thickness.

Score - Feltex, CSFB and Forbar : several million dollars up each. 'Thicko' investors : many millions down already (but don't know).
    Doesn't surprise me. Minder has always struck me as someone worth listening to as a contrarian voice. Incidentally, I think Sharebroker = Minder.

FTX said five weeks ago that it could meet it's profit forecasts, and now it says the profits will be 13.5% (ish) down. That's poor by anyone's standards and their credibility is now justifiably questionable. Still watching this co. but happy I didn't buy in before friday. Increasing costs and decreasing margins doesn't make for a very profitable future, in the short term.

I guess that kind of answers my question regarding whether or not the previously expected divi was viable. The question is now obviously whether the market has overreacted.
    Undisputed 2006 World Cup Premierleague Champion

And dont fogget it SB has many names and terrible THOUGHTS..

feel sorry for SB and co.... why would u want ur name tainted in a forum? sigh
    what ppl do these days to be 'different'
    Oil - NZO
    REE - ARU
    Copper - EQN/OXR/TMR
    Iron- AGO/ADY/UMC
    Nickel-WSA
    PGM/Gold - PLA/VRE

Why have an IPO if it's not to grow the co', or the last opportunity for the owners to dump it when the growth cycle is nearly over?
    Haven't looked at Methven lately.

Haven't looked at Methven lately.

Don't

why cav revenue for half year to dec 2004 $101.342M can make 10m PAT
    But FTX $160.2m only make 12m PAT

why FTX cost so much more?
    can anyone tell me where did FTX spend all their moeny?

Banned

quote:Originally posted by Dazza

feel sorry for SB and co.... why would u want ur name tainted in a forum? sigh
    what ppl do these days to be 'different'
    Thanks for your kind concernm, Dazza - I have just been savaged by the neutered chihuahua, Kingi, with his backing of THE MINUS 116% UNDERPERFORMER BGR. So obviously I need help.

PLK - the announcement from the company tells why its profit margin in the secomd half is lower than the first. Suggest you read it.

FTX is stuffed in the next 12 months - credibility is out the window and no institution is going to want to touch this stock. First rule of investing is : can you trust the management.

Feltex goes ex 6 cents today so the benchmark SP for this morning is probably around 97 cents.

Any bets ?

Most will take 9 cents (imputation credits) off Fridays price so if closed at 97 today it will show +3 (+3.2%)

I'd hazard a guess and say people can't believe the fall and get sucked in and FTX will close at 105 today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”