sharetrader
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    So JT you are basically saying have a look at some of these Lithium producers.
    There's more graphite than lithium in a lithium battery. I'd be careful with lithium juniors at the moment - the only one I hold is LACDF on the OTC USA market. The only couple on the ASX that are of interest to me are GXY (I've sold out as I needed cash) and PLS. fwiw my graphite play is Talga (TLG).

IMO

Yeah pretty weird in the Lithium space atm. But lithium are prices holding up. ORE (ASX , i have held from re 50c)) getting up to $14653 a tonne atm with cash costs of $4279. ORE is the first new Brine op in about 20 years; still getting to nameplate after many glitches ;s/p also down atm.

It went stupid for a while and every tinpot spekky stock were suddenly "exploring" for lithium and there was bit of fever around and crazy s/p rises. seems to be bit of a lag atm between all the auto makers and countries putting dates up for total switching from ICE to EV etc to the mkt believing this and seeing the EV take up take off. Until EV's pricing drop's closer to ICE )internal combustion engines) take up will be slow; unfortunately humans think of their back pockets before what comes out the tailpipe. Teslas new 3 model has been dropped to $35,000 with 500,000 deposits put down by buyers so it is happening. Musk is a genius. So id watch carefully, lithium stocks and car developments/ takeup etc and research out the rubbish pretenders. Lithium and Graphite, Cobalt, Copper etc will perform imo with the caveat of a better energy storage tech jumping out or something like Hydrogen having a breakthrough etc.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 12-08-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah pretty weird in the Lithium space atm. But lithium are prices holding up. ORE (ASX , i have held from re 50c)) getting up to $14653 a tonne atm with cash costs of $4279. ORE is the first new Brine op in about 20 years; still getting to nameplate after many glitches ;s/p also down atm.

It went stupid for a while and every tinpot spekky stock were suddenly "exploring" for lithium and there was bit of fever around and crazy s/p rises. seems to be bit of a lag atm between all the auto makers and countries putting dates up for total switching from ICE to EV etc to the mkt believing this and seeing the EV take up take off. Until EV's pricing drop's closer to ICE )internal combustion engines) take up will be slow; unfortunately humans think of their back pockets before what comes out the tailpipe. Teslas new 3 model has been dropped to $35,000 with 500,000 deposits put down by buyers so it is happening. Musk is a genius. So id watch carefully, lithium stocks and car developments/ takeup etc and research out the rubbish pretenders. Lithium and Graphite, Cobalt, Copper etc will perform imo with the caveat of a better energy storage tech jumping out or something like Hydrogen having a breakthrough etc.
    I'm holding NMT as they have a direct interest in the massive MT Marion lithium project, but more interested in there downstream projects capturing other areas of the lithium market.

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=846304 for a weekend read

Rare earths still have a large part to play too especially those with high amounts of Nd and Pr which could be the next 'cobalt' hot play...

PEK and HAS are of interest to me, more so HAS as its in WA and not Africa. More known stocks include LYC and ARU which already have threads.