Quote Originally Posted by Willingtolearn View Post
This has been exactly that. They said that they wouldn't accept a proof of address that has been emailed. I pointed out that these days having bills posted can end up costing and is bad for the environment. I don't really want to change it once just to get this type of proof. I'm waiting to hear back from their account team to see what they say about it.

How easy is it to purchase international shares through ASB? I see SuperLife can purchase these online through their platform...
ASB Securities allows you to purchase US and UK shares, however:

- They only provide market information and research on NZ and Aus equities
- Their fees for the US and UK markets are an absolute rout (90 USD and 90 pound respectively per transaction).

My advice would be, if you have decided you want to invest your money yourself, then you can't go wrong with Interactive Brokers. They have a 10kUSD capital requirement you cover easily, the fees are much lower.

You ask above if you should seek advice from a financial advisor. Completely up to you, in my experience and opinion not worth the fees, but perhaps worth an initial consult and see how you feel about them thereafter.