sharetrader
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "Well positioned".
    Refurbished hotel,another hotel [leased] added to their portfolio.
    Tourism numbers are growing.The "season" is now longer.A bit like a retailer,the extra revenue should go straight to the bottom line.
    Half year in February should be interesting.
    Next year Lions Tour and Masters games.
    Maybe,just maybe, their eps growth will be twice their PE.?Now that will be fun.!!..lol.

ps.HBL remains my largest holding.
    Yup, Percy picks are always well researched and therefore interesting. What's more interesting to me, is that people's picks reflect what they predict for the year. For example, some people have picked exporters and therefore obviously think that the NZD will be low vs other currency.

So Percy, can we deduct that you think that the property market will stay hot with the pick of MCK, or you think it won't be a big factor?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    "Well positioned".
    Refurbished hotel,another hotel [leased] added to their portfolio.
    Tourism numbers are growing.The "season" is now longer.A bit like a retailer,the extra revenue should go straight to the bottom line.
    Half year in February should be interesting.
    Next year Lions Tour and Masters games.
    Maybe,just maybe, their eps growth will be twice their PE.?Now that will be fun.!!..lol.

ps.HBL remains my largest holding.

:-)))) Not convinced.. Time will tell all ..

Like yourself Percy.. HBL is still my largest holding

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Yup, Percy picks are always well researched and therefore interesting. What's more interesting to me, is that people's picks reflect what they predict for the year. For example, some people have picked exporters and therefore obviously think that the NZD will be low vs other currency.

So Percy, can we deduct that you think that the property market will stay hot with the pick of MCK, or you think it won't be a big factor?
    MCK is An hotel group .. That is not performing ..

percy

MCK's property company CDI should continue to do well,but it is MCK's hotels that should surprise.An extra hotel,and a refurbished hotel will mean greater room rates,which means greater margin.With a lot longer "season", of at least two to three months,plus the Lions Tour and Masters games,occupancy rates will sky rocket,while overheads will stay about the same.With such demand I would expect they have the capacity to increase room rates at all their hotels.No more pay for two stay three nights.!
    I have also picked THL for the same reasons ,ie increase in tourist season and The Lions Tour,and Masters games.
    HLG,The strengthen NZ dollar,strong retail sales,upgraded stores,new stores,and rapidly growing online sales means they are doing the business,I looked at Glasson's Northlands Mall store last week.Outstanding,and flatout.Hallensteins store was also well laid out.
    TNR,With such a strong brand,solid balance sheet ,lower NZ $,and the strenghtened business model;sell cars,add profitable finance and insurance,makes TNRs are my second largest holding. Turners is a very strong brand.
    ALF.Any company that can survive the upheavals they have been through,and having sorted out their finances,can now focus on profitable growth.I don't hold many,but will consider buying more depending on their announcements.They are very client/customer driven.
    I did not put in EVO,which I have a good holding.It was a toss up between ALF and them. Thought it will be easier for ALF to go from 6 cents to 12 cents,while EVO going from $1 to $2 will be unlikely in a year.Maybe $1.30 to $1,40?
    Last edited by percy; 18-12-2016 at 08:58 AM.

IMO

Don't forget to enter both NZX and ASX comp folks. looks like quite a big cash prize building ,with the Kudos for ASX winner 2017

Please can you add my selections, ARV, GTK, MPG, SUM, MEL?
    Thank you

I can see I'll have to get the infamous RNG out again. Currently holding 108th/207 place this year (much worse than my 12th ranking last year ) but stil better than All Stocks And All Contestants. And 6.6% stil better than having my money in the bank.

I'm looking your pics for this year, Antipodean.

I think pgw could be a good gamble for the end of next year too, but decided against putting that.
    Liking? Thanks.

I'm sticking to some of the bigger fish this year - though I have added NTL instead of THL now leaving me with: AIR HBL RBD NZR NTL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    "M-Social" opposite Queens wharf, won't open till March 2017. Out of action most of year.

Only just added to portfolio, will add little to current reporting period.

Feb will be full year reporting to EOY 31 Dec 16.

ROE not helped by having AUD$60+m Sydney property not contributing to bottom line.
    ChCh hotel not rebuilt yet, and no current plan to do so.

Queenstown properties will be raking in the cash. CDI will perform well.
    Thank you for your detailed post.
    Certainly "well positioned" for a fantastic 2017 year.

hi Klid ...... I can't change my picks on the site for some reason ..... now that NTL is in, my picks are:

BLT CAV NTL RBC THL

thks

disc ....... hold them all
    Last edited by gmatt; 20-12-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: disc