sharetrader
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default NZSA Auckland - Meetings and Events

    The program for 2017 presentations for the Auckland branch of the NZ Shareholders Association is mostly complete.

    The February meeting is as follows
    Speakers:
    JB Were - "2017 Outlook" Ricky Ward (NZ Equity Manager), Bernard Doyle (Strategist)
    Gentrack (GTK.NZ) - Ian Black (Chief Executive Officer)

    Details:
    Feb 15th - 7.30 pm start (tea and coffee from 7pm)
    Alexandra Park, (please note there will be the usual $5 cover charge) Hobson Room, Level 4, Alexandra Park Functions Centre, Greenlane

    Non-members are most welcome. It is always a good chance to meet with fellow sharetrader members.

    The full program for 2017 is as follows:
    15 Feb JB Were - 2017 outlook
    Rickey Ward, NZ equity manager
    Bernard Doyle, Strategist
    Ian Black (GTK)
    26 April Simon Bennett (AWF) Mark Lister (Craigs IP)
    21 June Grant Webster (THL) Todd Hunter (TNR)
    20 Sept Angela Buglass (TIL) Dean Anderson (Smartshares/ETF's)
    15 Nov Steve Browning (GXH) TBC
    Last edited by noodles; 02-03-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: updated presenters
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  2. #2
    Digging for Bones
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Thanks Noodles. Definitely interested in the 21 June meeting as I hold shares in both companies. Catch up for a beer before hand if you want.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks Noodles. Definitely interested in the 21 June meeting as I hold shares in both companies. Catch up for a beer before hand if you want.
    Sounds like a plan. We can discuss the valuation method of the TNR bonds
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  4. #4
    Digging for Bones
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Sounds like a plan. We can discuss the valuation method of the TNR bonds
    Good stuff, look forward to it. Perhaps we can also discuss where's the bottom for TIL ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Good stuff, look forward to it. Perhaps we can also discuss where's the bottom for TIL ?
    lol. See you tomorrow then.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  6. #6
    Yes, No, Maybe So Vaygor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Was quietly thinking about coming down for it Noodles, but knew from some time back the odds were very low given my current circumstances.
    I am 99.99% certain to be coming down for the Auckland ST meeting on 4-March.
    Hope to see you there if you can make it.

  7. #7
    Digging for Bones
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    lol. See you tomorrow then.
    I would love to be there tomorrow mate but I have to take my 87 year old Mum to the airport tomorrow. Possibly her last trip on a plane, she feels she's getting too old to fly now.
    Very keen for the June meeting though and hope to see you on March 4, see other thread in this section. Come along and hear me put Vaygor1 on the spot with the question "When is RYM finally going to break out of its trading range ?" I am sure he'll have a very carefully prepared answer for us
    Last edited by Roger; 14-02-2017 at 10:23 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  8. #8
    Yes, No, Maybe So Vaygor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Come along and hear me put Vaygor1 on the spot with the question "When is RYM finally going to break out of its trading range ?" I am sure he'll have a very carefully prepared answer for us
    Haha.. well put Roger.
    My current view on RYM just might surprise you !
    Looking forward to that pint from you re the RYM-AIR bet we had at the auckland meet last year.
    Possibly a double or quits on CVT not issuing another downgrade this financial year?
    Personally I think the odds of them issuing a downgrade are over 50%, but in the interest of fun I am happy to bet the other way.
    Think I might be in for a roasting if I am justifying RYM to you and ALF to Noodles in the one session.
    Last edited by Vaygor1; 15-02-2017 at 10:41 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    The April 26 Meeting is coming up. Presenting is:
    Mark Lister -Head of Private Wealth Research at Craigs IP
    Simon Bennett - Chief Executive at AWF Madison Group (AWF.NZ)

    7.30 pm start (tea and coffee from 7pm)
    Alexandra Park, Hobson Room, Level 4, Alexandra Park Functions Centre, Greenlane


    Non-members are most welcome. Please note there will be the usual $5 cover charge.
    Last edited by noodles; 19-04-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    The April 26 Meeting is coming up. Presenting is:
    Mark Lister -Head of Private Wealth Research at Craigs IP
    Simon Bennett - Chief Executive at AWF Madison Group (AWF.NZ)

    7.30 pm start (tea and coffee from 7pm)
    Alexandra Park, Hobson Room, Level 4, Alexandra Park Functions Centre, Greenlane


    Non-members are most welcome. Please note there will be the usual $5 cover charge.
    Just a reminder for those interested in coming along, it is tomorrow night.
    Non-members are most welcome.

    You will want to hear Mark Lister's view on the NZX. Very interesting.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

  11. #11
    Digging for Bones
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Just a reminder for those interested in coming along, it is tomorrow night.
    Non-members are most welcome.

    You will want to hear Mark Lister's view on the NZX. Very interesting.
    He's well worth listening too and I'd love to come along but I'm down at the SUM annual meeting and afterwards hanging out with Couta1, Iceman and others so getting the last flight home tomorrow evening.
    I'll do you a good trade though. If you share Mark Lister's thoughts the following day I'll let you know the good gossip on what Julian Cook has to say at the SUM meeting. Sound like a plan ?
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2

    Default Summary of Mark Lister presentation -NZSHA Auckland Meeting

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    He's well worth listening too and I'd love to come along but I'm down at the SUM annual meeting and afterwards hanging out with Couta1, Iceman and others so getting the last flight home tomorrow evening.
    I'll do you a good trade though. If you share Mark Lister's thoughts the following day I'll let you know the good gossip on what Julian Cook has to say at the SUM meeting. Sound like a plan ?
    Mark Lister presented a good potted view of the world economy. No real surprises.
    NZ economy remains strong, continuing on from recent years, but interest rates and inflation are rising so net yields will be less.
    World politics: Trump 15% Tax Pack is positive, especially for US banks & US manufacturing. Country election that Craigs will watch carefully is Italy (this was a surprise to me) early next year as only 50% of popn. is pro Europe (presume the other half are not). NZ economy growing 2-3% (good) driven by migration. Noted, Of the 70k net migration figure, 20-40k ie half is kiwis not going to Aus, and staying in NZ.
    Currency: Growth + Stability + higher OCR = high $NZD, and don't expect to see it drop any time soon (barring financial shocks)
    What could go wrong:
    - Housing- up 69% in last 4 years, well above the trend line
    - High Household debt- Rental return in Auckland is 3%. Govt debt is 30% of GDP, which is ok. H/H debt is 160% of GDP, which is not ok.
    - NZ Election - Nats + NZF to rule !!!!???
    - Inflation rising but OCR going nowhere for now.
    -Long term interest rates rising
    - Aus Govt debt has doubled in the last 4 years - slowing the ASX.
    Where to from here for Craig's investment funds:
    NZ - taking profits
    Aus - cautious
    US - Positive
    UK - cautious
    Europe - neutral

    Question Time: Mark's reply to a question re NZX performance IMO let NZX off very lightly. However FBU got a caning with more or less a repeat of his analysis and thoughts expressed in his recent article ( in NBR I think).

    Asked to pick 5 good NZ stocks:
    EBO, MFT, FPH, AIA, RYM (again, no surprises!!!)

    After meeting discussion: On the spec side Craigs invest in Gentrack. Interested in PPH but not investing at this stage. Interested in Oceania but not investing due to small size and illiquidity relative to RYM.

    Mark is a very good presenter. I found him concise, informative and interesting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •