sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Many thanks modandum. I really appreciate your updated thoughts and couldn't agree more. A very well run company that's positioning itself extremely well with a very young modern fuel efficient fleet and good airline alliances. We are well positioned
    Likewise here, thanks modandm. Yesterday morning was thinking of topping up at 2.29-2.30 but thought would wait for a cheaper price later in afternoon, and ended up paying higher price later on in afternoon. Have learned one thing, go with your gut feeling, cause if you don't, somebody else will jump in or out before you. So now, what is going to happen today? Same as yesterday? Another big surge at end of day? Remember your gut feeling, don't miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    You have made this call a number of times over the last couple of years... Let's forget the $3 mark until it happens!! haha
    And like last time when it gets to $3 it'll go to $3.20 plus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Here they come again, buyers building up. I do think the big sellers at 2.38 and 2.40 may be claytons sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by axe View Post
    air up 13% in two weeks.... i wonder how Couta is coping?
    Probably been visiting the local Jaguar dealer ...or if he's feeling especially brave he might be looking into buying one of these 1000 horsepower beautys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2MLEkH4hIA

http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...07/financials/

Average target now $2.23. For what its worth, (which isn't a lot in my opinion because analysts are simply following management's lead so you might as well do the same and draw your own conclusions), analysts are now forecasting higher earnings before tax in FY18 than FY17. I take their FY19 estimated earnings in particular with a large grain of salt...(an awful lot of guesswork built into their DCF's models that far out), and I reckon my crystal ball is at least as clear as there's.

Little birdie tells me there's A LOT of overseas interest in this bird at present, as evidenced by the late afternoon trading pattern see weed was referring too.
    Bet those overseas investors can't believe how good the dividend yield is compared to airlines in their neck of the woods.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-03-2017 at 02:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Damn i keep missing the boat to re up. Tried to get another parcel at 2.33 this morning but missed out. Might just wait to see what happens with the big sellers at 2.38

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    Damn i keep missing the boat to re up. Tried to get another parcel at 2.33 this morning but missed out. Might just wait to see what happens with the big sellers at 2.38
    That's what I said yesterday at 2.30, also thought that at 2.20, 2.10, 2, 1.90, 1.80. ps Not many left at 2.38.
    Last edited by see weed; 01-03-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGrogan View Post
    If you keen on buying just buy the god damned things ....especially as you seem to be an 'investor' rather than 'trader'

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you keen on buying just buy the god damned things ....especially as you seem to be an 'investor' rather than 'trader'
    My initial purchase of AIR was an 'investment' you could say. However, my reasons for buying another lot is to trade them before the dividend is paid out rather than holding.

Market obviously thinks the $475m to $525m guidance is a load of the proverbial .....and that $600m plus is more likely.

If so maybe the 20 cent dividend will be 25 cents ......that be good

The man with the halo surely toying with us

Hunting for Heuristic trends

I thinking this rather steep rise has the feel of a bubble. Last time that happened we did a lemming dive to $1:80-ish

Thoughts folks