no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Just following Qantas, both overpriced.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEvQx-Ncbc

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Was waiting for a response, yet it's true re following Qantas. PS-If I bought some today, I'd be worried, and it takes a lot for that to happen.

Advanced Member

Was waiting for a response, yet it's true re following Qantas. PS-If I bought some today, I'd be worried, and it takes a lot for that to happen.
    No skin off my nose , but I hope you can see by now I am only trying to protect newbies , or those with not so much investing nouse ....
    By calling this as overpriced from 2.40 ish ( EX a big divvy as well) maybe you have scared a few not so savvy investors out of their position or others from getting on a decent trend ...
    As your opinion has obviously been wrong no point to keep repeating it , I know a stuck clock is correct twice a day but these have to come off a long way to get anywhere near where you started saying they were overpriced .
    Worried ? , imagine how easy it would be to sleep with a 70 cent gain on that xxos ( 3.05-2.35) oh I forgot the divvy lets call it 80 cents * 500,000 $ 400,000 extra under the mattress .........

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    No skin off my nose , but I hope you can see by now I am only trying to protect newbies , or those with not so much investing nouse ....
    By calling this as overpriced from 2.40 ish ( EX a big divvy as well) maybe you have scared a few not so savvy investors out of their position or others from getting on a decent trend ...
    As your opinion has obviously been wrong no point to keep repeating it , I know a stuck clock is correct twice a day but these have to come off a long way to get anywhere near where you started saying they were overpriced .
    Worried ? , imagine how easy it would be to sleep with a 70 cent gain on that xxos ( 3.05-2.35) oh I forgot the divvy lets call it 80 cents * 500,000 $ 400,000 extra under the mattress .........
    That's all historical stoploss, and as I've already posted there's no way I would have held much past $2.50ish, that's the reality of things. Worried refers to buying in around $3 levels and above, newbies would be wise to weigh up what's in it for them buying now, with considerable downside risk in a volatile cyclical.

Banned

Worried refers to buying in around $3 levels and above, newbies would be wise to weigh up what's in it for them buying now, with considerable downside risk in a volatile cyclical.
    i brought some at $3.20 about 11months ago, nothing much to worry. In last 11 months received healthy 45cps (Divi FY16 35cps + 1H17 10cps) dividend and still holding my shares and has over $100k profits in AIR.
    Last edited by Eval; 13-06-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    i brought some at $3.20 about 11months ago, nothing much to worry. In last 11 months received healthy 45cps (Divi FY16 35cps + 1H17 10cps) dividend and still holding my shares and has over $100k profits in AIR.
    These days with large holdings, I try and avoid long term large red arrows(Although I currently have one with SUM) and keep a short account with the market. If that means selling lower than the top by whatever amount, then so be it.

That's all historical stoploss, and as I've already posted there's no way I would have held much past $2.50ish, that's the reality of things. Worried refers to buying in around $3 levels and above, newbies would be wise to weigh up what's in it for them buying now, with considerable downside risk in a volatile cyclical.
    Instead of a short term bet, i see Air NZ as a very reputable organization with a lot of confidence on a good CEO. With its current PE, i see this as a good chance to own the share of this company as a long term share holder.