sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default Rage in the AIR an increasing problem

http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...more-24570377/

My goodness $5.35....QAN getting a bit "overweight" in more ways than one http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nation...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-06-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Gee whiz - a close of 307

That 300 mark should become support now - and at 307 a bit of wiggle room

Looks like 320 plus on the way - esp as the world seems so happy at the mo.

No worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

When we win the America's Cup punters will show a bit of short term euphoria and push the share price p 10 cents from wherever it is at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When we win the America's Cup punters will show a bit of short term euphoria and push the share price p 10 cents from wherever it is at the time.
    I might need to add more before its too late...😂

Banned

I don't think Aussie punters give a toss about us winning the America's Cup winner. Kiwi Insto's not keen on the stock but perhaps the win might give them some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I don't think Aussie punters give a toss about us winning the America's Cup winner. Kiwi Insto's not keen on the stock but perhaps the win might give them some inspiration.
    I don't think punters give a toss about the Cup anyway

I will admit I made a mistake in selling half my holdings at the mid 2.30 range but took some gains at the time that I was happy enough to lock in and I wanted to hedge my bets after seeing so much volatility and no end of weakness, this perhaps made me 2nd guess my strategy and confidence in the SP which I believed to be worth considerably more however the market didn't agree for so long I made a decision to sell that half without backing myself more, I have been tempted to get rid of the other half a couple of times of late but its not a very big holding so not too worried either way and happy to see the SP continue to climb.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I will admit I made a mistake in selling half my holdings at the mid 2.30 range but took some gains at the time that I was happy enough to lock in and I wanted to hedge my bets after seeing so much volatility and no end of weakness, this perhaps made me 2nd guess my strategy and confidence in the SP which I believed to be worth considerably more however the market didn't agree for so long I made a decision to sell that half without backing myself more, I have been tempted to get rid of the other half a couple of times of late but its not a very big holding so not too worried either way and happy to see the SP continue to climb.
    No reason to beat yourself up. While obviously in this case the market decided to push the SP uphill after your sell - nobody can predict future share prices (no matter how smug some people sound with 20/20 hindsight) ... and much more important: Nobody ever went broke by locking in (taking) small gains (vs risking big losses).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    No reason to beat yourself up. While obviously in this case the market decided to push the SP uphill after your sell - nobody can predict future share prices (no matter how smug some people sound with 20/20 hindsight) ... and much more important: Nobody ever went broke by locking in (taking) small gains (vs risking big losses).
    Very good post BP, a small meal enjoyed is better than the hope of a large meal that may never come.

I don't think punters give a toss about the Cup anyway
    I've been really enjoying it, better than Rugby in my humble opinion. No question it would give a really meaningful boost to the N.Z. economy, tourism and AIR if we win it. I think with the slight delay in new A320 and A321 Neo's reducing capex in FY18 by ~ $170m we might be looking at 12-13 cps final this year, (my previous thinking was 10 cps). Still expecting annual dividends fully imputed or around 20 cps across the cycle and special dividends of circa 25 cps per annum in FY20, FY21 and FY22 all fully imputed when the capex program is in a sharp lull. Dividend hounds are going to get very fat from all those dividends over the next five years. This hound remains extremely well positioned beside my food bowl of course
    Speaking of nice boosts, I wonder how we get Sir John Key to join SUM other board ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-06-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine