sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

$10m, less than 1 cent per share in NTA.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Jeez, everybody seems to want to buy AIR shares these days

Maybe even NZ instos Couts - just in case they feel left out.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I'd be surprised if nobody hasn't yet.

Couple of weekends ago I was on a flight to Queenstown from Christchurch. Due to poor weather our flight was diverted to Invercargill airport. Yeah, the bottom of NZ. Everybody on-board was surprised for sure. But Air NZ managed the situation by providing a shuttle bus directly all the way to Queenstown Airport, which was already waiting for us at the terminal by the time we got off the plane, with snacks and water provided. Bus left the airport in less than 15 minutes. Everything went smooth like fire alarm practice we do every occasion in our office. Eventually we arrived in Queenstown Airport four hours past initial scheduled time and everybody went on their way as if nothing happened.

I should've been frustrated due to missing an important breakfast meeting that day but I was more surprised by the level of their risk management and customer services. Nobody complained nor said anything wrong about their service that flight. Level of their customer service was beyond expectation and I don't see much like that in NZ.

Now, if Jetstar was in the same situation...
    Last edited by EJK; 14-06-2017 at 04:40 PM.

Membaa

So $3 was just too tempting for senior manager Whittaker

Just cashing in his outrageous pay cheque - good on him
    Usually a good sign for the SP to be topping out when the insiders cash up, but looks like he got it wrong this time, breakout to new highs! Could have built another few square meters on the new deck if he'd only waited a few more days.

Banned

I have owned AIR for some time and enjoyed a lot of dividends but sold out today - just think the valuation is getting too rich and sentiment about as positive as it can be - time will tell but happy to let others own up here

Very comfortable at FL320 in this extremely well managed company and looking forward to the next meal service
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

NZ Instos didn't want mine at $2.32, so doubt they would touch them with the length of a couple of dreamliners now. Hey Beagle, just to please winner, you could always add Boy after Beagle, mind you that might have a criminal leaning,and we couldn't have any corrupt accountants on here now could we.

Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    I'd be surprised if nobody hasn't yet.

Couple of weekends ago I was on a flight to Queenstown from Christchurch. Due to poor weather our flight was diverted to Invercargill airport. Yeah, the bottom of NZ. Everybody on-board was surprised for sure. But Air NZ managed the situation by providing a shuttle bus directly all the way to Queenstown Airport, which was already waiting for us at the terminal by the time we got off the plane, with snacks and water provided. Bus left the airport in less than 15 minutes. Everything went smooth like fire alarm practice we do every occasion in our office. Eventually we arrived in Queenstown Airport four hours past initial scheduled time and everybody went on their way as if nothing happened.

I should've been frustrated due to missing an important breakfast meeting that day but I was more surprised by the level of their risk management and customer services. Nobody complained nor said anything wrong about their service that flight. Level of their customer service was beyond expectation and I don't see much like that in NZ.
    Nobody complained. Maybe the passengers were so used to the omni-shambles other airlines seem to turn flight cancellations and diversions into they were gobsmacked to find an airline handling this with speed an efficiency.

The International Brotherhood of Couldn't Give a Toss Airlines won't be happy with Cullen Airlines showing them up like this.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Probably AIR will get a speeding ticket after all this action

We are in full compliance of our disclosure obligations - we showed a cute video and told punters to buckle themselves for the ride of their life so no surprises here.

We also told them about the oxygen and the brace position should the share price hit turbulence
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    I have owned AIR for some time and enjoyed a lot of dividends but sold out today - just think the valuation is getting too rich and sentiment about as positive as it can be - time will tell but happy to let others own up here
    I am keen to buy more for the long term, I do see a lot of upsides in this company.