sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    I've also held for over 5yrs, great thing is all these nice dividends have more than covered the initial capital. Topped up a while back at $1.80. All these gains have been a nice fat bonus.
    wow... 5 years is not a short time, i hate myself for not buying Nov last year when it was $1.80 :S

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    wow... 5 years is not a short time, i hate myself for not buying Nov last year when it was $1.80 :S
    Welcome to the beginning of your market regrets, most of us have heaps of them, and will gather more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Welcome to the beginning of your market regrets, most of us have heaps of them, and will gather more in the future.
    Have you hold for 10 years yet? I only started 2014.

Does anyone knows when the Ops stats will be released? Last one was 20th June.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yes seasoned investors all have regrets, its just a matter of circumstance and timing. Many have remarkable successes as well. Question is whether the downside lessons are learned and the successes learned and on balance whether that was a good investing outcome. Interesting here that the noobs to the forum have become emboldened and espouse a bright future with no consideration for potential downside. Their argument would be way more plausible if they recognised the potential to be shafted and put forward a strategy to exit, just in case. A good time for caution if not just to quit their holding. Good spectator sport if nothing else 😄

Banned

Have you hold for 10 years yet? I only started 2014.
    Have hold it APPLE shares for over 10yrs. Brought at around US $4 in Nov 2004 and sold it in Dec 2014 for US $115

Does anyone knows when the Ops stats will be released? Last one was 20th June.
    Eval will know when - he even seems to know the numbers already
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Comparitive PE's

The shrillness of some of the "its overpriced" calls is almost deafening so we're long overdue to compare some PE's
    All data from 4 Traders average analyst estimates for 2017 as at 19 July.
    Delta Airlines 9.76
    United continental Holdings Ltd 10.43
    American Airlines 10.65
    Qantas 11.27
    Air New Zealand 10.12

http://www.4-traders.com/AIR-NEW-ZEA...07/financials/ AIR estimate is only $508m before tax to form that 10.12 PE.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-07-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Eval will know when - he even seems to know the numbers already
    Will be out by 23rd👍✈️
    Last edited by Eval; 19-07-2017 at 09:20 PM.

First time poster, long time listener..

"Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy"

The share price is over priced at the moment without a huge earnings announcement. It will be interesting to see just how much of an effect the Lions tour and the Masters Games have had. Looks like the international players are jumping the gun on AIR, similarly to Qantas. All will be revealed on 23rd of August when the earnings come out. The general consensus seems to be that AIR are under promising and will over deliver based on the forecasts they've made.

On a long term, as much as I like AIR and how well their management are doing. Its hard to predict where this industry will be in 1-3 years let alone 10. At this point in time though, you really have to like your chances.

Disc: Holder (bought in at around $2 mark)