sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Smile Hoping to win the big one soon

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Goodness me, please don't get the cheerleader started on the size of AIR seats and spacing again vs the rest of the airlines, or maybe just reference the numerous posts on the matter. Do we really want that whole marketing promotions campaign repeated?

Lol
    Do you not like to play 'Beagle Buzzword Bingo' then?

Only yesterday I won a set of steak knives, a luxury weekend in Ekatahuna and a cuddly teddy bear when I had all four of 'young fuel efficient fleet'.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

I always fill the Webcast Bingo Card up in the first few minutes when AIRcasts are on. AIR are the buzzword champions of NZ.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Ha ha

Their seats on the Dreamliner are over 17cm ....just at 17.2 cm

Don't think you can get much smaller than that

Good they squeeze as many as they can in ....more money for shareholders
    AIR Asia X 16.5 cm and their shocking seat pitch as well as Jetstar's with the Dreamliner turn it into anything but. I am sure if you looked into it that some of the Chinese owned airlines have been reinventing the wheel in terms of seating density too. AIR have a new configuration coming for their remaining dreamliners with about 275 seats down from just over 300. 787-9 a cunning trick, create a sense of spaciousness with bigger windows, fancy lighting e.t.c. and then cram them in nice and tight, a real bean counters aircraft, love them heaps !
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-07-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It will be their second highest ever profit in their 77 year history, (mark my words) and that against an onslaught of new competition this year.
    FY17 the year AIR proved the strength and veracity of their business model in a heightened competitive environment which augers extremely well for FY18 and beyond.
    Disciplined growth going forward, definitely growing across the cycle and one of the very few international airlines to make money throughout the GFC. One of the most robust business models out there which is a credit to management and directors alike. All good, no worries. Would you like one of my Vitamin D happy pills Winner
    Someone's been shooting some nice video for those of us mere mortals that cannot afford business premier on the new Dreamliner here's your chance to have a free look.
    The size of those windows and their clarity is extremely impressive, wonder if Metroglass makes those Check the takeoff how quiet it is up front at the 7:30 mark and the seats and everything, could be Mr and Mrs Raz, such a handsome couple ! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...13&FORM=VRDGAR
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I've deleted my rants about how greedy and evil airlines (including AIR) are these days.

If anybody has read them I apologise for posting such stuff on this thread - they had no right to be on here. Sorry

Membaa

Good airlines extracting maximum profit out of available space .....but maybe getting too greedy .....and we know what happens then.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...a-safety-issue

AIR not lily white on some of measurements mentioned in the article
    See what you've done, let the marketing promo genie out of the bottle again. Good grief. Time to take a holiday from this thread for fear of dying from repetition and check back in when the SP get's it's next walloping, which it will.

Take a break, now there's a thought. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It will be their second highest ever profit in their 77 year history, (mark my words) and that against an onslaught of new competition this year.
    FY17 the year AIR proved the strength and veracity of their business model in a heightened competitive environment which augers extremely well for FY18 and beyond.
    Disciplined growth going forward, definitely growing across the cycle and one of the very few international airlines to make money throughout the GFC. One of the most robust business models out there which is a credit to management and directors alike. All good, no worries. Would you like one of my Vitamin D happy pills Winner
    Someone's been shooting some nice video for those of us mere mortals that cannot afford business premier on the new Dreamliner here's your chance to have a free look.
    The size of those windows and their clarity is extremely impressive, wonder if Metroglass makes those Check the takeoff how quiet it is up front at the 7:30 mark and the seats and everything, could be Mr and Mrs Raz, such a handsome couple ! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...13&FORM=VRDGAR
    My concern would be competition increasing in the domestic market. AIR make a killing out of domestic travel, especially on business flights. Would be interesting if a new competitor entered the market, or if Jetstar expanded their network what would happen.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    My concern would be competition increasing in the domestic market. AIR make a killing out of domestic travel, especially on business flights. Would be interesting if a new competitor entered the market, or if Jetstar expanded their network what would happen.
    You are correct that Air certainly makes a killing on the domestic front.
    Hard to see anyone entering the market AIR and Jetstar have it pretty well sown up.
    Jetstar have grown to a sustainable size in my opinion.. It's hard to see them expanding much beyond what they are currently doing.
    AIR are a very canny and slick operation very hard for someone else to come in..
    Ansett ,Kiwi Airlines, Qantas New Zealand, and more recently KRA have all been and gone.... To name a few

I've deleted my rants about how greedy and evil airlines (including AIR) are these days.

If anybody has read them I apologise for posting such stuff on this thread - they had no right to be on here. Sorry
    I was wondering if you'd got bogged down reading Ecclesiastes which can be a depressing read in places until you get to the last two verses of chapter 12 which give two incredibly valuable insights

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Jetstar been pulling back on frequency on regional routes over winter citing lack of demand, (posted a link verifying same a while back). I think AIR have them on the back foot or is it simply that Jetstar keep shooting themselves in the foot with their "service" level's and increasing people have simply had enough ?, either way I don't have any concerns on that front.

Stats out for June

Where's eval ...needs to tell us what the stats mean

Hope he hasn't got into trouble with the whores on Seventh Avenue - not that I know if there actually are whores on Seventh Avenue but Simon and Garfunkel said there was.