sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I'll go for the first option, don't want shareholder returns to drop, right Beagle....
    Yeap 10% price increases across the board, flying is too cheap, people need to man up and pay a proper price...no bias or vested interest here
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Brent crude passes $60 per gallon and the weakness of the NZD/USD also affects the price of oil is probably why the share price has come back a touch. I guess this is where the theory comes in of having more efficient planes actually comes into play.

The thought is more efficient planes will price AIR NZ better, relative to its competitors because the age of the fleet will cause older carriers to be less price competitive. Lets see how this plays out..

Advanced Member

Just sold my last block of AIR I bought on 13/10/16 for $1.715c. Made $1.585c profit. A good company and will get back into it next year. In the mean time back to a2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Just sold my last block of AIR I bought on 13/10/16 for $1.715c. Made $1.585c profit. A good company and will get back into it next year. In the mean time back to a2.
    Funny that, I was just thinking I must start buying a few over the next couple of months for the next divvy. PS-You really do love milky hype driven stocks aye.

Do you think the tide has turned on AIR see weed? Looking at the chart, is this what TA'ers refer to as a head and shoulders pattern forming?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Do you think the tide has turned on AIR see weed? Looking at the chart, is this what TA'ers refer to as a head and shoulders pattern forming?
    I use a 30 and 60 day MA. The reason I sold was to get more ATM. Not to worried about the tide. Will buy more next year before div. As long as I get a good div. and can make a good loss after div. then I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Well it does look like the right shoulder is forming but that's just looking at it, not from any fancy software. TA'ers, if this a right shoulder, how far should it fall?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Well it does look like the right shoulder is forming but that's just looking at it, not from any fancy software. TA'ers, if this a right shoulder, how far should it fall?
    It's all about sentiment, it's showing signals of being oversold already, showing support at $3.25 for now. Macro factors against the stock atm.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Listener front cover

WILL FYING COST US TOO MUCH
    The threat to Kiwi holidays

hmm .... might give it a read
    Mainly about how evil airlines are by not addressing the huge carbon footprint they create. Agree there, the industry does shirk it's responsibilities. A lot of self-efficacy from our man Luxon in the article - suppose he has to try to convince punters AIR is a good citizen - yeah right

Loved this bit in the section 'How to take a planet friendly approach to travel':

Get downgraded. Don't fly in first class or business class because those passengers take up more space on the plane and as such their carbon footprint is much higher than those flying economy.

So come on Raz et al - do you thing and help save the planet.

only 6% of the worls population take a flight in any given year
    Last edited by winner69; 31-10-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    It's only for a little while, somewhere to plant the dosh before next div paying stock comes along. It has payed off though, portfolio up about 100k in last 4 weeks mainly due to a2.
    I am into A2 and hold a few shares, but would not put anymore in until the next announcement as to how they are doing. I am happy with my holding there, but would be happier holding Air if purchased at those levels you mentioned rather than investing more into A2