sharetrader
Page 136 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 36861261321331341351361371381391401461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

I know the feeling Roger and thanks for your honesty. Will be buying a parcel on behalf of my wife today,her small portfolio is in excellent shape and is strictly buy and hold, I've managed hers far better than mine,she likes those divvys coming in

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    When its confirmed to have hit the bottom from a TA perspective I will double down on my remaining 60% holding taking it to 120% of my original shareholding.
    That's the way I'm handling this conundrum and I hope my honesty in acknowledging mistiming and losses helps others reflect on their own risk mitigation strategies.
    Roger, Appreciate you sharing…. we all make mistakes, and by sharing, we can all learn from these.

Disc… currently nibbling away (my strategy is to purchase/sell in nibbles rather than large chunks ) ;-)

Hunting for Heuristic trends

10.32am Bounce in progress 187 -> 190.

Guru

It is a rather big question mark over why the Fundamentals and Technicals are at such a wide opposing odds...This is a stock I thought I'd be in for a much longer term than I was..I expected a year or more not 6 months..
    I've googled around trying to qualify the technical bust up..but I can't find much...
    There is news of China Airlines upping their next summer flights downunder but surely that wouldn't affect AIR shareprice to any great extent ..would it?

Modandm you are the AIR expert on this thread + others? (Thxs Roger for your honest post)..your thoughts since your last post and AIR 10% cheaper..also another question..are there any rats or mice nibbling around the edges of the overall airline market..much appreciated (that's if you are still speaking to me....)
    Last edited by Hoop; 29-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    It is a rather big question mark over why the Fundamentals and Technicals are at such a wide opposing odds...This is a stock I thought I'd be in for a much longer term than I was..I expected a year or more not 6 months..
    I've googled around trying to qualify the technical bust up..but I can't find much...
    There is news of China Airlines upping their next summer flights downunder but surely that wouldn't affect AIR shareprice to any great extent ..would it?

Modandm you are the AIR expert on this thread + others? (Thxs Roger for your honest post)..your thoughts since your last post and AIR 10% cheaper..also another question..are there any rats or mice nibbling around the edges of the overall airline market..much appreciated (that's if you are still speaking to me....)
    It could be just plain old profit taking. AIR has had a great year of gains. It is still well above the government selldown.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    It could be just plain old profit taking. AIR has had a great year of gains. It is still well above the government selldown.
    Yep...I assumed that too as I expected a healthy correction was due...but I did not expect a "correction" to be of this magnitude... so much so that you would question whether the correction is in fact a reversal

https://www.nzx.com/companies/AIR/announcements/253217

First thoughts - hard to see anything too negative in that...

Air didn't do well in the recent airline of the year awards and Air China are flying here with Dreamliners already but neither of these factors would cause a price correction of 18% like we've had. Its hard to figure. I can't see anything alarming in the June operating stat's. Domestic load is down a bit, but nothing too significant.
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-07-2014 at 12:43 PM.

the sharemarket baffles me sometimes. (ok most of the time). AIR has a a dividend coming up, Forsyth Barr analysts expect the company to lift profit 29 percent http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/market-...-low-bd-159899 ...and the result is lots of selling pressure?

Guru

Are other airlines down as well? There is alot of air disaster fear around ATM --maybe it is being over anaylized.