sharetrader
Page 141 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 41911311371381391401411421431441451511912416411141 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Hey psychic. As an employee I can say most people I know prefer Rob. People don't trust Chris yet. I think this will be a defining moment on how the culture goes. If CL goes all 1970's " heads will roll" then I can't see the average kiwi reacting favorably. Better to investigate, look at solutions and educate. This isn't the states and past ceo's have made the mistake of not seeing the point of difference.
    Interesting

Rob may have been a bit of a show pony but he was a great strategic thinker and although a little lacking on the detail side (hey that's why you have a management team) he was a leader and changed AIR to what it is today. Maybe he was lucky he essentially had only one shareholder.

That change came about clarity of strategy down to the lowest levels. Everybody hopefully knew what they were there for.

Since he departed I'm not too sure what AIR are trying to do.

Communication of strategy is paramount. Have a look at the show pony' presentation in 2005 (top one) and the one Luxon presumably uses (bottom one) when he talks strategy (you can almost tell his background by the format and the words). To be one has clarity, the other is a lot of words. One sort of expresses creativity and innovation, the other educated and formal and to be honest lacks any vitality.

That's my fundamental analysis of AIR for today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 05-08-2014 at 10:31 AM.

Great example winner69. Sums it up perfectly.
    The first one so much more engaging and 'real'
    Last edited by biker; 03-08-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Roger, you probably want to check which crew was reported (by who?) of being too drunk. There would be minimum two full crews there. The inbound and the crew that had to abort. I'm not apologizing for any bad behavior if its proved true. At this stage is a rumor provided to the media.
    Up till not long ago I was also an investor in AIR but I don't let the Herald influence my finance decisions.
    Agreed that we should let the investigation run its course before getting too hot under the collar and it goes without saying that just because something is put into print, it doesn't make it true.
    Possibly also worth highlighting that the Herald editor was significantly inconvenienced by this incident and it wouldn't be too hard to take the view that some of his frustration might have found its way into the paper.
    Plenty of heat on CL to run a thorough investigation and intense interest in the outcome.

W69 - Agree with other poster above - Go arounds are not a major issue and usually the fault of ATC not the pilot. I suspect some consolidation in the Australian airline industry may be forthcoming as those over-capacity issues seem systemic but not really an issue for AIR because nobody's ascribing any value to their VAH holding in the current SP price and on a fundamental basis AIR is probably the cheapest stock on the NZX.

Just a thought on who's the best CEO. Under whose leadership is the airline about to report an all time record profit...
    Interestingly we all have different perspectives, to me the first presentation looks unprofessional and grabbing at ideas with no clearly defined strategy, the other highly professional and clearly defined.
    I also found their recent analysts presentation for which I posted a link, highly cohesive, clearly defined and thoroughly professional. I guess if you have a professional background you expect a formal and professional approach.

Disc: added back in to my holding on Friday, seatbelt firmly fastened.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2014 at 01:36 PM.

Cool Roger and agree winner.
    But for having to pay out the ex I'd still be in AIR. Plenty of good news to come but always going to be susceptible to the perception of the effects of world events. CHina growth is showing signs of picking up again and this is a target area.

Cool Roger and agree winner.
    But for having to pay out the ex I'd still be in AIR. Plenty of good news to come but always going to be susceptible to the perception of the effects of world events. CHina growth is showing signs of picking up again and this is a target area.
    Did the arrival of the first Dreamliner give staff morale a boost ? This new beauty looks like a great new bit of kit and nine more coming must give staff a positive vibe
    The irony that these new planes should have been here already, (but for Boeing's development delay's), and already replaced the aging 767's which would have meant this incident wouldn't have occurred, isn't lost on me.
    An accountant friend of mine had had his assets cut in half twice...you'd think as a professional he would have learned from the first time i.e. stick your remaining assets in a family trust with yourself as the primary beneficiary, some free professional advice for you
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-08-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Spelling as usual

Roger, your npat forecast is $240m isn't it?

On a par with 2007 (before abnormals $238m)......maybe a cyclical stock with a 7 year cycle

And a few more shares now so lets say eps the same

We'll know 2014's result soon enough later this month W69 but at this stage I'm at $275m after tax for the year to 30 June 2015 for an EPS of 24.75 cps, PE of only 7.7...makes some other cyclical's including those in the building industry look heinously over priced

Sure Roger, who doesn't like a shiny new aeroplane:-)
    I look at the profit being generated now ,in a large part, being due to the position the company had been put in ,in the last ten years. Rob Mcdonald is the real success story. CEO' s get the glory though. Let's see what CL'S legacy will be.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Luxon says he is accountable - are you shareholders going to hold him to account?

Methinks the $227,000 grand apology should come out of Luxons bonus - good idea?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...ift-their-game
    Actually he says "as chief executive officer I am ultimately accountable for this. "

This is a much weaker statement than saying "I am accountable for this"

The fact that he has to qualify his role in the dabacle speaks volumes about the man in my opinion.
    Last edited by Goldstein; 03-08-2014 at 05:54 PM.

ST members who own AIR shares are warmly invited to join Forest and I who are flying down from AKL to the AGM on 30 September and following that meeting hooking up with other ST members at the evening meeting in Chch. PM me if you'd like to link up with our flight / transport arrangements.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-08-2014 at 09:42 AM.