sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Thank you. Next time I am down that way I will do the same. I have no interest in flying anywhere for the foreseeable future and those airpoint dollars could be worthless sometime later this year.
    $2,000 airpoint dollars can go along way on a new BBQ, stuff for the garden and general other sh1t that you don't really need but think you do!

Advanced Member

Not much of a bailout.

We are preventing you from carrying out your flights, but we will lend you some money.
    Big chunk of that should have been given, not loaned.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Not much of a bailout.

We are preventing you from carrying out your flights, but we will lend you some money.
    The reality is there is basically nowhere they can fly to anyway , so even without our border clampdown this would have happened anyway ....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    $2,000 airpoint dollars can go along way on a new BBQ, stuff for the garden and general other sh1t that you don't really need but think you do!
    i actually had to think hard how to get value out of mine....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    i actually had to think hard how to get value out of mine....
    There is plenty of alochol and Icebreaker on there .....

Thinking about buying but as a matter of etiquette is it frowned upon to bring your own popcorn to a shareholders meeting? I do love a bit of conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtom View Post
    Thinking about buying but as a matter of etiquette is it frowned upon to bring your own popcorn to a shareholders meeting? I do love a bit of conflict.
    And why would shareholders complain?

All airlines around the world require some sort of bailout.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Not much of a bailout.

We are preventing you from carrying out your flights, but we will lend you some money. On very tough commercial terms
    $12.1b support package ( including gifts and grants of $600m for the rest of the tourism sector), for the economy including grants left right and centre but lets just let minority shareholders suck up all the collateral damage from our decision to close the border, (including no dividend), and nationalise the airline in due course.

The Govt giveth with one hand and taketh with the other...been happening since Adam was a boy...

Between the Govt and management gorging themselves at the trough minority shareholders are on hiding to nothing. Better to scramble for the emergency exit and realise you can't win in a game where the odds are so heavily stacked against you ! No dividends for many years....
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-03-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Look at the "Last updated" -09/03/20!!

A lot has changed, they might wanna have another look ... just saying
    Fair call OT. Although even then it was already $1.95, and was only going to go one-way. Holders here should have been saved by the Beagle and his barking.

Hope they have withdrawn their valuation.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 20-03-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Fair call OT. Although even then it was already $1.95, and was only going to go one-way. Holders here should have been saved by the Beagle and his barking.

Hope they have withdrawn their valuation.
    People who prefer to listen to cats have plenty of time to lick their wounds
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-03-2020 at 12:44 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine