Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Risk Manager for FTX

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This sharsies Facebook group seems to be a bit of fun

Where is it ...link?

Quick look couldn’t find it
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sharesiesshareclub/

Home to some of the finest analysts and deepest thinkers in NZ

Interesting seeing all these people showing off $100-$200 portfolios without realising they are spending 15% of that each year in fees.

Read my post above.

They are just starting out for goodness sake. Not everyone has huge buckets of money to invest. Some of us have to start with small regular amounts, and Sharesies allows us to do that. Most of us couldn’t do it if we were investing via a traditional broker and paying their fees.

Why do so many of you feel the need to constantly rain on someone else’s parade?

if you, and others here, have joined the Facebook group just to have a laugh at our expense, go get your kicks somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sharesiesshareclub/

Home to some of the finest analysts and deepest thinkers in NZ

Interesting seeing all these people showing off $100-$200 portfolios without realising they are spending 15% of that each year in fees.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 14-04-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Read my post above.

They are just starting out for goodness sake. Not everyone has huge buckets of money to invest. Some of us have to start with small regular amounts, and Sharesies allows us to do that. Most of us couldn’t do it if we were investing via a traditional broker and paying their fees.

Why do so many of you feel the need to constantly rain on someone else’s parade?

if you, and others here, have joined the Facebook group just to have a laugh at our expense, go get your kicks somewhere else
    Just persevere kiwi lady. You'll get there in the end as you're already in the right place/direction of starting somewhere/somehow.

The only way to learn is to lose money and you start to learn the hard way, but you never forget. Then when you make money, you dont pat yourself on the back and think how great am I.

Reminds me of the old joke... how do you make a small fortune in the airline industry ? Answer, Start with a big fortune.

I've been an investor off and on with AIR for more than 25 years. They have never been anywhere near so comprehensively snookered into a can't win situation.
    The only reason anyone would buy at over $1 is because they don't understand the business and more especially the position its currently in.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-04-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Master winner.....there are a lot of newbies buying SKC n AIR.

My wife colleague...never invest in the share....but saw this opportunity n bought some. No clues.....
    know one who similarly was a new investor looking at AIR until put wise on recent developments etc

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Reminds me of the old joke... how do you make a small fortune in the airline industry ? Answer, Start with a big fortune.

I've been an investor off and on with AIR for more than 25 years. They have never been anywhere near so comprehensively snookered into a can't win situation.
    The only reason anyone would buy at over $1 is because they don't understand the business and more especially the position its currently in.
    With todays huge volume it has to be institutions buying not just the "anyones" - and of course there are sellers on the other side of the trade!

Legend

How about Govt buying to increase their stake ?

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Read my post above.

I think it's better we don't have people spamming these forums like that facebook group asking what to buy and when to buy it and showing off their "gains".

Half the posts on there are people blindly buying companies and profiting from a distorted market. It would be a shame if we have those types of spam posts on ST.

Asking what to buy and showing their gains, doesn’t constitute spamming or trolling in my opinion. It is simply people getting enthusiastic about their investing journey, and wanting to share that enthusiasm. Sure, many there, have much to learn - some, even just the very basics - but they have to learn somewhere. For every newbie there are several more experienced posters, who do their best to support, educate, guide where possible. I have made several such posts in an attempt to help newbies get their head around the purpose of investing, and the basics of buying shares. I am a beginner who is still learning, but even I have some knowledge I can share.

Investing is no longer only for the rich “old boys.” The likes of Sharesies, Hatch and others, now make it possible for the rest of us to invest as a way to be proactive about our financial situations. I sometimes get the feeling that some here (not necessarily you) resent that. If I can grow my measly little $5000 portfolio to even just $10,000 over the next 5-10 years, that will be a huge help to me in retirement. The size of one’s investment doesn’t matter. It is what we can achieve with it over the time we have, that’s important. One person’s $5000 is no less important to them than another person’s $1,000,000. One could argue that investing is even more important for us “small fry.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I think it's better we don't have people spamming these forums like that facebook group asking what to buy and when to buy it and showing off their "gains".

Half the posts on there are people blindly buying companies and profiting from a distorted market. It would be a shame if we have those types of spam posts on ST.