sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

Yes, and possible class action .

Remember it will be mostly first time SHAZ that will be shredded just as inflation hits and there hard earned pay with no rise in 2 years suddenly has a large hole in it.

Imagine the SHAZ getting the letter from their investor chair leaders. Cant even imagine the load of rubbish they will dribble out to the flock encouraging them to take up the cap raise.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 27-01-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Very interesting what Chris Lee said about Air NZ's capital raise. My sources confirm. Level talked about is 80 cents but how they even expect to get that surprises me. I assume that FB's recovery modelling has some fairly aggressive forecasts. I know some furloughed pilots are meant to be back on the payroll at the end of January for training to go back on line. Personally I think globally the industry generally ok but with more regional focus so things like Europe ok, US, Asia but long haul faces big challenges. And there is no bigger long-haul for most of the world than New Zealand.

The problems for the travellers are complex long haul ie significant intermediate stops that can become roadblocks for return travel, NZ's supposed inability to provide health care in the event of an outbreak(I haven't heard anyone mention that yet but think about the NZ Govt's messaging on that) MIQ(minor in comparison), carbon footprint(Skyscanner showing carbon cost of various flights), higher network cost due to lower volumes. Let's face it - NZers inability to access their own country also wouldn't fill me with confidence on how it might look to a foreign passport holder trying to return home in trying circumstances.

Tourism has just become much more regionally focused for many because they can choose great regional options. NZers can't because our region is .... ocean!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    They make a market in the bonds of various companies including AIR.
    If you scroll down to SHARES they are there.

image_2022-01-28_092342.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post

Not quite sure I understand your point. This is neither a model portfolio nor a portfolio at all nor a list of recommended investments, it is just a list of available investments comparing their current (dividend or interest) yields.

Actually - which part of the disclaimer at the top of the list do you not understand?

*Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation to invest. If you are an advised client please contact one of our advisers to discuss.
    What exactly do you try to convey?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 28-01-2022 at 10:24 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by mcdongle View Post

That doesn't mean much. When a firm like that gets a new client the client transfers in their existing positions. A lot will hold AIR and all sorts of things from the olden days, maybe even Chase(can't omit Equiticorp) and a few other doozies. Some clients would rather sell their first borne rather than bid adieu to some of these wretched dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dassets View Post
    Very interesting what Chris Lee said about Air NZ's capital raise. My sources confirm. Level talked about is 80 cents but how they even expect to get that surprises me. I assume that FB's recovery modelling has some fairly aggressive forecasts. I know some furloughed pilots are meant to be back on the payroll at the end of January for training to go back on line. Personally I think globally the industry generally ok but with more regional focus so things like Europe ok, US, Asia but long haul faces big challenges. And there is no bigger long-haul for most of the world than New Zealand.

The problems for the travellers are complex long haul ie significant intermediate stops that can become roadblocks for return travel, NZ's supposed inability to provide health care in the event of an outbreak(I haven't heard anyone mention that yet but think about the NZ Govt's messaging on that) MIQ(minor in comparison), carbon footprint(Skyscanner showing carbon cost of various flights), higher network cost due to lower volumes. Let's face it - NZers inability to access their own country also wouldn't fill me with confidence on how it might look to a foreign passport holder trying to return home in trying circumstances.

Tourism has just become much more regionally focused for many because they can choose great regional options. NZers can't because our region is .... ocean!
    FB will stuff their fully managed discretionary clients accounts chock-a-block full of this "excellent recovery story" and of course this has nothign to do with the brokerage and huge underwriting fees they will make ...like they did so "successfully" for their clients with Feltex, Credit Sails and many of their other "highly successful" IPO's and placements. On top of that you have a whole new generation of investors who weren't around last time AIR crashed and burned down to 25 cents or who have no idea that the NASDAQ lost ~ 90% of its value in the tech wreck after the dot.com bust ~ 20 years ago. You can't go wrong with Air New Zealand they say on their sharsies and fakebook chat platforms. Some of the new generation who've made a small fortune on crypto might be tempted to invest in so called "solid assets".

I think 40 cents more correctly balances the modest opportunities and exceptionally high risks but I'd want 25 cents again because to me unless its a screaming bargain its probably just philanthropy to the Government to help them underwrite what is likely to be a company making huge losses for many years to come.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2022 at 10:35 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ok i stand corrected........

Guru

was expecting a return to europe this year.. NO not until the stop overs are not fill of Omicron. With many countries now offering online filing of information you can do your europe business on line. Hut up in one hemisphere and run your business in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzing View Post
    was expecting a return to europe this year.. NO not until the stop overs are not fill of Omicron. With many countries now offering online filing of information you can do your europe business on line. Hut up in one hemisphere and run your business in another.
    On CNBC this morning the Alaska AIR CEO said their business bookings from tech companies were down 90%. Zoom and other online platforms are now embedded as the new normal way of doing business. Can't allow executives to be exposed to risk with physical travel the legal liability exposure is too great.

AIR will find if or when they get their shiny new Dreamliners flying long haul again they are really going to struggle to get decent loadings especially in their so called business class, (which really only has the same size seats as economy class from 15 years ago).
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-01-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

There will come a time when being in the HUT is going to get cabin fever..

Really missing those scenic train trips in europe. In fact really missing a decent train. Nothing like swooping up stockholm.

Its that there is a big world out there and right now you can only see it on your TV.

There will come a time and you wont want to come back for a long time.