sharetrader
Page 1968 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 968146818681918195819641965196619671968196919701971197219782018 ... LastLast
Results 19,671 to 19,680 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    It has certainly been an embarrassment for NZ capital markets with the NZX screwing up this morning and many "investors" showing their lack of knowledge...

Remember Ben Graham...in the short run the market is a voting machine and in the long run a weighing machine
    Anyone who doesn't know or believe that or ever forgets it has lost their way and has no compass.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2022 at 05:22 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Someone entered the wrong coordinates in NZX ?. Hapless investors subject to whiteout?. I think we've been here before..

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Someone entered the wrong coordinates in NZX ?. Hapless investors subject to whiteout?. I think we've been here before..
    And it didn't end well
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investments

How AIRRG started trading today ? When record date is 7pm 5th April and that means not yet even issued ??

NZX website showing one trade of 600,000 rights traded today @ 0.66 Cents ...even ASB Securities website confirms this trade and price

I thought one is not allowed to trade securities unless already credited in your registry account ? Or can brokers / Institutions do trades in advance ?

https://www.nzx.com/instruments/AIRRG

CMC sent me this

For renounceable rights issue for Air New Zealand, we do not allocate any rights to clients that are long or short, as they do not own the share but the CFD. We correct clients position's unit and entry price based on the adjustment factor for the corporate action, this is provided by Bloomberg and the factor is 0.612648.

The intention is that clients notional value prior to the corporate action will remain the same after this has occurred.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Do you feel cheated Peat ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    CMC sent me this

For renounceable rights issue for Air New Zealand, we do not allocate any rights to clients that are long or short, as they do not own the share but the CFD. We correct clients position's unit and entry price based on the adjustment factor for the corporate action, this is provided by Bloomberg and the factor is 0.612648.

The intention is that clients notional value prior to the corporate action will remain the same after this has occurred.
    Not sure about that explanation . As for every share I was short I am now short 1.632 shares in my account .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    How AIRRG started trading today ? When record date is 7pm 5th April and that means not yet even issued ??

NZX website showing one trade of 600,000 rights traded today @ 0.66 Cents ...even ASB Securities website confirms this trade and price

I thought one is not allowed to trade securities unless already credited in your registry account ? Or can brokers / Institutions do trades in advance ?

https://www.nzx.com/instruments/AIRRG
    A share trade settles 2 business days after it is traded. Friday April 1st was the last day you could buy AIR and receive the entitlement to the rights issue because your shares had to be registered 2 days later which is by 5pm tomorrow April 5th which is the record date for the rights entitlements.

So today the shares started trading ex-rights and AIRRG started trading because if you had bought or owned 1,000 AIR on Friday then you have the ownership of 1,000 AIRRG which gives you the right to buy another 2,000 shares at 53c each. If you sold your AIR today that trade won’t settle until Wednesday April 6th after the record date but you’d still own the AIRRG which is why they could start trading today.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Not sure about that explanation . As for every share I was short I am now short 1.632 shares in my account .
    Does that mean that you now have to cover 1.632 shares for say, the $1.26 share you shorted it on Friday?

Means at yesterday’s closing price of 90.5c, you now need to pay $1.47 (loss of 19c) to cover your short?

Air closed on Friday at $1.26 cum rights so at yeaterday’s closing price of 90.5c, the share is actually up 39.5c on my calculations - so CMC calculation is working in your favour.

Further clarification to the clarification yesterday on AIRRG!

So the rights issue is effectively a 1:1 at $1.06! Not as deeply discounted as was made out to be the case in the first place!

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/390065