sharetrader
Page 271 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1712212612672682692702712722732742752813213717711271 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Bit late on the buy button, never mind got mine filled at $2.45....

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yep, I got a fill for my increased holding at $2.41 immediately after the press release.
    Roger is in! Expect an announcement followed by a rise in the SP back to $3 by the end of the week as a result.
    Last edited by Regi; 18-06-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Bit late on the buy button, never mind got mine filled at $2.45....
    Ironic I was too early on the buy button first up this morning and you were too late but we both paid $2.45

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    Roger is in! Expect an announcement followed by a rise in the SP back to $3 by the end of the week as a result.
    If this happens I will be rejoicing like an afro american church choir.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    If this happens I will be rejoicing like an afro american church choir.

:up:
    I just had to top up as well - even though that leaves me way past a sensible proportion of investments.

Seems that Jetstar has been attempting to disrupt AIR since 2009 - hasn't hurt AIR shareprice so far, quite the opposite in fact. Why would this be any different? As others say, it should just increase the overall number of travellers

Yep, one of my mates by e.mail tried talking me out of topping up but the hungry beagle in me that lurks just below the surface couldn't resist a feed from such a screaming bargain.
    Fortune favours the brave !!
    I'm was in at $2.39 this morning.
    Not brave but love reckless buying. up to 13% now....

Banned

This blip will be forgotten getting closer to Air NZ next big profit announcement and Jetstar will commence flying 5 sardine cans to yet to be confirmed final destinations, Big Deal, meantime the NZ Herald anti Air NZ dept will be cranking into overdrive by dragging up any article they can(Mainly historic like one they published today on a wayward seabird) coupled with a good dose of typical sensationalism so they have more time to buy up cheap shares

There's some very irrational hatred on this thread (how unusual, some would say, about most threads)

Jetstar has gained a material foothold in the domestic market, whether you like them or not. I don't use them that often, but when I have, I have enjoyed arriving at my destination on time, usually early. I know they got off to a terrible start, but they are MUCH better now, than then. AIR, in my infrequent flying experience lately, has usually been late. I have also flown Trans-Tasman recently on each airline, and found AIR very cramped, with all the fancy equipment jammed in my face, and absolutely no chance of getting out of the seat. On JQ, I could walk past the passenger in the way, no problem. Perhaps I had a slightly better seat than most? I don't know, but I did not pay more for it.

Discl: I have a pilot in the family, yes, JQ captain

Anywoo - I am basically elastic when it comes to airline choice - you should try that, you might like it.

Jetstar has helped transform our market, to the benefit of the flying public, and also to the benefit of AIR. They have been forced to get their act together, ramp up capacity, and lower prices. Airlines are about getting bums on seats, and having planes in the air more often than sitting at the gate. (nice theory, hard to do in NZ)

AIR needs a huge kick in the guts on these regional routes, and is about to get it. GOOD, we the public will benefit massively from cheaper regional fares, AIR will eventually benefit from more arses on seats, and it's a great fillip for regional tourism. I just hope AIR don't get silly with price wars, for shareholders' sakes, as JQ is now a worthy opponent, and have shown there is room for more capacity. We don't need to get silly and petulant here do we.........

So, what to do.....the AIR price will need to close above the 200EMA today, and close this mornings price gap at some point soon, otherwise she's off to the downside. The reef-fish are swimming right now, can see nothing wrong, and are underestimating a now established and proven competitor

I personally like $2.25 as a buy in level, (old resistance, now support) but then I'm just completely batty

Veteran novice

Jetstar will commence flying 5 sardine cans
    That's strange. I thought I read that Jetstar will use Bombardier Q300's - the same aircraft type as AIR uses on most regional routes?