sharetrader
Page 518 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 1841846850851451551651751851952052152252856861810181518 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 20190

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I am a little surprised that compassionate fares are not available on an international basis. Its seems a little incongruous to have one policy for compassionate domestic airfares and to not have these on an international basis ? Surely they don't think everyone's close family live in N.Z. ?

It is a very difficult time of life to stare down the barrel of losing one's parent and I for one think we need to balance the need to make a profit with a decent sense of humanity toward people who find themselves in genuinely unfortunate circumstances so as a corporate one is not seen to have lost one's morality of being a good corporate citizen. You have my sincere sympathy Skid and I hope your wife's father is okay.
    Sorry to hear about this Skid, it certainly one of those large moments in life, could not say it better than Rodger.

It is not just about being compassionate and doing the right thing, its also good business. A good well thought out policy in this area will result in loyalty with a customer who will sing your praises to all they meet. You only have to go part way....All of us in private business can think of occasions where we have gone out of our way and it usually is paid back in spades.
    Last edited by Raz; 12-03-2016 at 11:14 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Did you have travel insurance Skid?We were booked to travel overseas last year but family member came down with terminal illness.We had paid for tickets on Kiwibank Credit Card that has travel insurance included in their policy if you pay for the travel expense on their credit card
    We provided a doctors certificate & Air NZ refunded tax component of the tickets and Kiwibank Travel Insurance refunded tickets less $200 excess.Any help?
    She has the standard insurance that comes with visa Platinum --They said to give it a go but its a bit of a long shot.(obviously death is easier in terms of paperwork)but his condition is serious enough that I think we could logically say that it is not in the category of ''anyone could do it''--Her father is in the hospital so Im sure paperwork could be achieved)

Thanx for the info Kiora,and everyone --sometimes you just have to get that stuff out--I guess my main issue was that on top of the change of ticket fee,she has also been hit by the increase of price of the ticket. This more expensive price is completely understandable for those who have decided to simply fly on short notice--Im sure all tickets are more expensive if you want to go within a week--but in this case it seems she is getting penalized for having to go for this particular reason(about 50% of the ticket price before the change of ticket fee)

Guess I just thought that a case like this would qualify as different than the normal business formula, and, as was stated,one would think that in terms of general perception,they would get as much out of this sort of thing,as sponsoring a rugby team etc.(guess you cant make a glossy ad on this sort of thing)

We are not destitute,so are lucky in that sense,..others would have suffered more

anyway ..no since harping on ..people have expressed their thoughts and thats appreciated---If a change occurs ,Ill post...cheers

PS -you can apply for compassionate consideration if your relative is A-in New Zealand..and B-is less than 80 yrs old (if they are over 80 apparently your not supposed to care about them anymore)
    Last edited by skid; 12-03-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I am a little surprised that compassionate fares are not available on an international basis. Its seems a little incongruous to have one policy for compassionate domestic airfares and to not have these on an international basis ? Surely they don't think everyone's close family live in N.Z. ?

It is a very difficult time of life to stare down the barrel of losing one's parent and I for one think we need to balance the need to make a profit with a decent sense of humanity toward people who find themselves in genuinely unfortunate circumstances so as a corporate one is not seen to have lost one's morality of being a good corporate citizen. You have my sincere sympathy Skid and I hope your wife's father is okay.
    I thought it a little curious that they wouldn't be available on international flights so I had a quick look around. From what I can see, most airlines don't actually offer any sort of compassionate fare at all - though many will offer additional flexibility on existing or new bookings for compassionate reasons. In fact, Air New Zealand is the only Australiasian carrier left that actually has compassionate fares (Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and the foreign carriers going trans-tasman including Fiji and Emirates don't), and as of 2014 that was "under review", meaning at some point it's possible that it'll just go away.

Advanced Member

Seeking all Hobbit fans! Air New Zealand have kindly donated a Collectable Air New Zealand Boeing 777-300 ER model - complete with ‘The Desolation of Smaug’ livery. Scale 1:200. Please see our Silent Auction room for the actual model plane details. Photo similar to actual model only.

Roger local school fair tomorrow , you want me to put a bid in for you ??

I'm not a Hobbit fan mate but thanks for thinking of me.

Just thinking out loud. I wonder with all this booking on the internet stuff whether somewhere we've lost the people part of the human connection between a good travel agent and the staff they know at the airline. I can't help wondering if you had a good travel agent and they had a good contact at AIR, (the right person to speak too), whether something couldn't have been done.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-03-2016 at 07:58 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    I thought it a little curious that they wouldn't be available on international flights so I had a quick look around. From what I can see, most airlines don't actually offer any sort of compassionate fare at all - though many will offer additional flexibility on existing or new bookings for compassionate reasons. In fact, Air New Zealand is the only Australiasian carrier left that actually has compassionate fares (Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin Australia, and the foreign carriers going trans-tasman including Fiji and Emirates don't), and as of 2014 that was "under review", meaning at some point it's possible that it'll just go away.
    Small update--when they told us what the ''increase in fare was''(not including the change date fee)I got on the internet and checked what the fare was for the new dates(not a special)...it was less than what they were charging....so now we are on the opposite side of the ledger from a compassionate discount......Good little money maker for them,this family illness.

Fair point Roger--It was flight center--we will find out more on Monday (our agent wasnt there yesterday ,but the person we talked to assured us that they made no additional commission).
    Last edited by skid; 13-03-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Investor

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11604971

Is this the reason for AIR's sp weakness today, on a day when the market is very strong.

Yes there's no new news in there but it weighs on sentiment.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

AIR NZ in another story today: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7785...iofuel-project
    Looking into biofuels again with Virgin.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation It will never fly

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdixon1000 View Post
    AIR NZ in another story today: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7785...iofuel-project
    Looking into biofuels again with Virgin.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum