sharetrader
Page 722 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 22262267271271871972072172272372472572673277282212221722 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Big shutdown on a lot of stocks at close, people derisking for the weekend.
    You are right, SPK took a whump right at close there as well.

Whats so special about this weekend ??? All Blacks should win,what else is there to worry about ?

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post

Whats so special about this weekend ??? All Blacks should win,what else is there to worry about ?
    Lots of big trades - some pushed prices up as much as some went down.... big money tweaking portfolios?

Banned

Nothing special other than the Brexit decision next week weighing on the minds of some, for those long on Air we only have to worry about the size of the next divvy because turbulence is the norm with this stock.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Nothing special other than the Brexit decision next week weighing on the minds of some, for those long on Air we only have to worry about the size of the next divvy because turbulence is the norm with this stock.
    Perhaps you are right Couta but Brexit existed at the start of the day, why suddenly get the wind up right at the end of the day ??

Banned

Perhaps you are right Couta but Brexit existed at the start of the day, why suddenly get the wind up right at the end of the day ??
    The Big boys normally play their cards at closing time, always reminds me how insignificant us minnows are in the market dynamics.

As Couta said earlier, most likely people holding off until nearer the end of the day to get a better price or trade larger blocks. They all probably wanted out before the weekend to reduce their risk and ease up on the blood pressure medication.

percy

I am sure it was a Welsh fund manager packing his bags and leaving the NZ market..lol.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Regi View Post
    In his defence, I think perhaps the optimism is also "a little bit overdone".

Haven't checked this forum much lately but I'm reading much of the same false hope statements that were being said when it was all rosy past $3 and now with a third of its value wiped, literally the same statements are being flung around. Naive traders like myself at the beginning are often caught with such hype and I lost a bit here and there on AIR but I learnt from my mistakes, increased my holding at certain lows and sold at $3.03 just before the decline. Ended up doing quite well but AIR definitely taught me the meaning of "DYOR".

I'd just like to tell newcomers who might read this not to get caught with hype and perhaps look further into the track record of certain posters before basing decisions on their contributions.

Furthermore, in Rogers defence... I've seen he's caught a bit of flack over the month as if he was the one that guided the share price and therefore had some explaining to do for its decline. So long as you understand and abide by "DYOR", you should acknowledge Roger for his wealth of knowledge and passion he provides which may assist you in your investment decisions or queries but should not solely guide you and then be where you come to lay fault.

Disc. No longer hold but following closely.
    Great post Regi; iused to worry about you as a "newbie" but see i don't have to anymore ; congrats on your learning from mistakes; i still am

Its been a shocking reality check, no way to sugar coat this thing. Who would have thought a couple of months ago that post a deal to sell most of VAH the shares would be close to $2.00 ?

If there's anyone left who's interested in what I'm doing with this bird it goes like this. Shares are now basically trading in line with NTA (unlike any of their peers I monitor apart from VAH, which let's be honest is a basket case even post the recapitalisation). I can't see any point selling at these level's (8% of my portfolio value) as I'm holding for long term dividend income but I acknowledge it could go under $2.00.

I think if the stock gets down to a 20-25% discount to NTA $1.50-$1.60 I might take a view that the SP will be supported by a buy-back and take a view that there could be an argument for a higher portfolio allocation but otherwise I will simply hold...i.e. I won't buy more unless there's a really decent sized discount to NTA. I hope / doubt it will go that low but who can say for sure ????

I doubt I will bother with my usual quarterly portfolio revaluation this quarter, can't see much point rubbing salt into the wound like that... Might get some Prozac with my next lot of blood pressure meds next week.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-06-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Banned

Forget the Prozac Roger, just buy that new boat and enjoy it, besides, 8% is a conservative allocation, so just hold em and collect the divvies, who knows what the price will be in a few months or this time next year.