sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Over one billion dollars been added to the market capitalization of AIR since the announcement of his appointment on 1 May 2017. Overseas investors happy with his appointment or just coincidence ?, you be the judge mate.
    I say coincidence

Haven't all airline stocks moved up since May?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I say coincidence

Haven't all airline stocks moved up since May?
    Certainly a plausible explanation but by way of anecdotal evidence since 1 May AIR up from $2.50 to $3.53 a 41.2% increase whereas QAN up from $4.35 to $5.49 a 26.2% increase.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Certainly a plausible explanation but by way of anecdotal evidence since 1 May AIR up from $2.50 to $3.53 a 41.2% increase whereas QAN up from $4.35 to $5.49 a 26.2% increase.
    When I was young the Six Million Dollar Man was the ultimate

John Key the One Billion Dollar Man - no way

Hope you not losing it mate? Too young for such a fate.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    When I was young the Six Million Dollar Man was the ultimate

John Key the One Billion Dollar Man - no way

Hope you not losing it mate? Too young for such a fate.
    LOL mate, not suggesting he's responsible for all the increase just some of it. Fact is he is well known overseas and some foreign institutions probably hold him in high regard and some of them have probably been buying. That and the fact that by and large its trading in line now with American carriers 2017 PE's after previously being cheaper. Like him or not his overseas contacts will be useful to AIR in terms of possible new air services agreements for instance.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

The trouble with FA is you're constantly consumed with 'why' the SP moves in its mysterious ways. Sometimes that looks like you're chasing your tail, whereas a simple chart says 'whoopee' … hold until it doesn't make sense losing capital, whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well the Nervous Nellies are back.!
    The sp ,$2.18, has fallen below the 200 day EMA [moving average] $2.20.
    We live in interesting times.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes, the chart looks ominous. Hoop nailed the top, question is where to from here.
    Posted 23 January 2017 when SP was just $2.18. Clearly Percy thought it was going lower and you didn't seem to know one way or the other, (acknowledge later posts may have expressed a different view). The problem with a singular focus on TA is you risk overlooking the extreme value that FA can highlight. I prefer it when TA and FA line up concurrently but at my heart I will always believe that FA is a better leading indicator on where a SP is likely to go. (Accept others will have different views and that's fine) No argument TA is a great go too tool as well, but arguably involves an even more constant focus than fundamental analysis. Great times in recent months are always the best when both TA and FA tell one the same rewarding answer
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-07-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Goodness gracious me - Johnny boy gets 'knighted' in Australia

Another $ on the shareprice

Excuse me - while I go and have a chunder. You'll be thrilled too eh Couts

Extract -

Sir John Key will be recognised with Australia's highest honour at a ceremony tomorrow attended by his old friend Malcolm Turnbull, Australia's Prime Minister.

Key will be appointed an honorary Companion in the Order of Australia in Canberra for his "eminent service to Australia-New Zealand relations".

A Companion is the highest ranking grade in the Order and 35 Australians every year can be appointed. Honorary appointments have been made to international figures with a close relationship with Australia.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11891823

Membaa

Posted 23 January 2017 when SP was just $2.18. Clearly Percy thought it was going lower and you didn't seem to know one way or the other, (acknowledge later posts may have expressed a different view). The problem with a singular focus on TA is you risk overlooking the extreme value that FA can highlight. I prefer it when TA and FA line up concurrently but at my heart I will always believe that FA is a better leading indicator on where a SP is likely to go. (Accept others will have different views and that's fine) No argument TA is a great go too tool as well, but arguably involves an even more constant focus than fundamental analysis. Great times in recent months are always the best when both TA and FA tell one the same rewarding answer
    You can drag up any older posts but you can't say definitively whether anyone acted on it. Seems a bit defensive to me. TA acts when it's time to act, the 100dma is a poor decider by itself, albeit informative which some use as their token gesture to TA. Point is that TA like FA will be riding the breakout upwards, until it isn't. Except TA don't wonder about why, they just act on what is. When they choose to do so.

Banned

Chill out guys. Heading to $4. Numbers are to strong. You guys will find out in 4 weeks times!!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Default B; B; B; BW. Lol3

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    It is an airline and thus, by definition, is very over-priced...
    Overpriced relative to what other airline PT ? 10 year average PE is 11 and unless my steam powered abacus is due for some lubricant 11 x 37 cps = $4.07 and that's based on $575m before tax, what if they do more than $600m ?
    Not only am I:
    baffled by your basic lack of a sense of humour and;
    bemused by your inability to understand basic English but I am;
    beyond belief of what passes for your idea of basic company valuation.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: $600m?
    om mani peme hum