sharetrader
Page 733 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 23363368372372973073173273373473573673774378383312331733 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Interesting stats in this story

Although Wellington Airport has hardly crowed about it, its recent results included a telling chart, showing how passengers heading to Asia from the capital got there.

Just five years ago, 70 per cent did so flying through Auckland.

Despite Air New Zealand's immense popularity with Kiwis, and strong competition on the Wellington to Auckland route, that has now dropped below half, to 47 per cent.

Year after year the proportion falls, in years when international passenger growth from Wellington is weak or strong. (They now flying through Australia on Qantas etc)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8127...end-the-runway
    I have seen similar trends for Christchurch and I do wonder about Queenstown, when I visit AIR seems out number on the tarmac down there. I really question the Air Auckland hub strategy, sure it has its economies of scale for operations however has it let in a lot more entrants into a market place than was required. Left growth opportunities on the table for others. It has also stunted regional development, when the direct flights from chch into Japan were cut it also cut off growers sending direct and it was well know to be a profitable route wrt people and freight.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I have seen similar trends for Christchurch and I do wonder about Queenstown, when I visit AIR seems out number on the tarmac down there. I really question the Air Auckland hub strategy, sure it has its economies of scale for operations however has it let in a lot more entrants into a market place than was required. Left growth opportunities on the table for others. It has also stunted regional development, when the direct flights from chch into Japan were cut it also cut off growers sending direct and it was well know to be a profitable route wrt people and freight.

Air NZ has never operated CHC to Japan direct. They did though operate Japan to CHC direct.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Air NZ has never operated CHC to Japan direct. They did though operate Japan to CHC direct.
    Point taken, a typo is my haste sure, it was Japan direct in CHCH - doesn't kill the point thou does it AIR PR:-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Point taken, a typo is my haste sure, it was Japan direct in CHCH - doesn't kill the point thou does it AIR PR:-)
    Well it does kill your point about freight direct to Japan.

http://www.christchurchnz.com/shore-...anese-service/

I can explain that however it will not interest most reading here, so here is how it hit regional development for anyone interested via link.

http://www.christchurchnz.com/shore-...anese-service/

DAL and AAL up over 10% in the last two days. End of quarter for institutions and end of financial year for some of them could see good interest today.
    Exchange rate over 70 cents U.S. means balance sheet footings regarding overseas debt and capitalised lease obligations will be materially lower than last year, i.e. gearing will be down and of course it will also be down because of the record operating profit.

Disc: Holding circa 8% portfolio allocation and not adding more.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    DAL and AAL up over 10% in the last two days.
    You meant XAL index right Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    You meant XAL index right Roger?
    Some people follow the index I follow DAL and American Airlines to keep an eye on what's happening in this sector over there.

Advanced Member

Aye Roger. It's all up up and away now, seeing all those buyers coming through at close. Have been buying up last week and have got a feeling It's ready to go.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Aye Roger. It's all up up and away now, seeing all those buyers coming through at close. Have been buying up last week and have got a feeling It's ready to go.
    Even better if you bought earlier this week when the price range was 2.025-2.05..