sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    price of Brent under $45 dollars , air nz collar If I remember was $55 so they are looking pretty good.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s-raise-supply
    For the 2H17 AIR forecasted the profit based on USD$65/bbl. the yearly Brent high is USD$58.35 and current $45/bbl.

"fuel price in the second half of the year of US$65 per barrel"

Looking pretty good toward the the FY17 and onwards
    Last edited by Eval; 22-06-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Banned

Whatever the argument, the stock is fully priced and apart from it's divvy paying ability there's little growth left with a ton of potential downside. Contrast that with the likes of A2 where the sky literally is the limit of growth potential, plus a future divvy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Whatever the argument, the stock is fully priced and apart from it's divvy paying ability there's little growth left with a ton of potential downside. Contrast that with the likes of A2 where the sky literally is the limit of growth potential, plus a future divvy.
    you been saying this overpriced since it was trading mid $2.40 . so many new comers may be turned away and may be kicking themselves now
    Last edited by Eval; 22-06-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    you been saying this overpriced since it was trading mid $2.40
    Wrong, my target price was $2.50-$2.60, sure it's exceeded where I thought it would get to but buying at the top can be perilous with a volatile cyclical.

If only there was some sort of scientific explanation for why the temperatures in general are so hot year in year out, that could be possibly put in to a report and given to the US Trump administration... Apparently the French might have a solution.

Anyway, yes a guy I know in the Californian basin is currently wrestling with that one. They also have problems with wild fires too and any one that's worked in Western Australia knows anytime the temp goes above 43c it's next to useless to do anything but wait in air conditioned areas with a cold one.

Anyway - indeed stop loss, why the AIR board are "hiding" the mouthy ex-PM from banging on, I'm mildly curious as why AIR hired him in the first place given that most board members only want to sign off on expansions, and steady as she goes budget plans as to not anger the shareholders holding AIR shares in Panmure.

The minute he starts up with the smile and wave obfuscation bull**** that worked so well in National politics if it comes to announcing a large losses or a downgrades, or the usual rounds over Aviation Engineer cuts, I want to see him being thrown to the dogs just like Ramsey Bolton being feed to the Direwolves and Cane Corso's of Castle Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    For the 2H17 AIR forecasted the profit based on USD$65/bbl. the yearly Brent high is USD$58.35 and current $45/bbl.

"fuel price in the second half of the year of US$65 per barrel"

Looking pretty good toward the the FY17 and onwards
    Don't get too excited by that. This refers to barrels of jet fuel rather than barrels of oil, which is more like $57/bbl at the moment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    Don't get too excited by that. This refers to barrels of jet fuel rather than barrels of oil, which is more like $57/bbl at the moment.
    Yes i know that' that was a Jet fuel

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...ord-in-mayhtml

Inbound and outbound travel very strong. Immigration at new record high.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Another good day for Qantas over on the ASX along with Macquarie Private Wealth increasing their price target from $5.90 (5 May 2017) to $6.50 a few days ago. I suspect AIR will continue to follow her footsteps.

IMO

Thanks allfro... a positive finish to this day as the next starts