sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Another good day for Qantas over on the ASX along with Macquarie Private Wealth increasing their price target from $5.90 (5 May 2017) to $6.50 a few days ago. I suspect AIR will continue to follow her footsteps.
    Can we imagine AIR is $5 one day?

Quote Originally Posted by GTI View Post
    Can we imagine AIR is $5 one day?
    No need to imagine it -- Google Finance tells me it was $5.00 on August 24 2001! It was down from $15.90 on June 4th 1999.

A bit of water under the bridge (or air under the wings) since then.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    No need to imagine it -- Google Finance tells me it was $5.00 on August 24 2001! It was down from $15.90 on June 4th 1999.

A bit of water under the bridge (or air under the wings) since then.
    I bet a lot of people got seriously skunked over that period, a good old cyclical bear bashing.

Air nz never actually traded at prices like $15.90 post bailout there was a major share consolidation. 5:1? This caused Google finance to multiply all pre-consolidation prices by five. It's not however like for like as a lot of new shares were issued at a low price in the bailout. If air nz were to trade at $5 It would have a much higher market capitalisation than the earlier price point now called $5.

Closed at a multi year high of $3.285. Warmest congratulations to shareholders who have had the courage to hold all the way from around $1.80 in late 2016 against an absolute barrage of sustained negativity on here at times. Disc: Has been my #1 investment position for quite some time and am sitting patiently waiting for the next very tasty meal service to come along in September (really enjoying the ride)

Isn't it really weird how you never hear the TA people saying it looks really good on the charts now whereas on the way down TA people were more than happy to share their negative opinion really frequently...I must ask my psychologist friend to try and explain that strange phenomenon to me ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-06-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Closed at a multi year high of $3.285. Warmest congratulations to shareholders who have had the courage to hold all the way from around $1.80 in late 2016 against an absolute barrage of sustained negativity on here at times. Disc: Has been my #1 investment position for quite some time and am sitting patiently waiting for the next very tasty meal service to come along in September (really enjoying the ride)

Isn't it really weird how you never hear the TA people saying it looks really good on the charts now whereas on the way down TA people were more than happy to share their negative opinion really frequently...I must ask my psychologist friend to try and explain that strange phenomenon to me ?
    Cool eh Mr Beagle

We'll be talking $3.50 soon ....and then ......
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Cool eh Mr Beagle

We'll be talking $3.50 soon ....and then ......
    Very cool mate...and then.... (average 10 year PE is 11 and my forecast at $575m which is 37 cps..leave you good folks to do the maths). I haven't dared to mention 4 handle before seeing as many seem so paranoid about the 3 handle.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

I'm still holding my 100% portfolio in AIR and i'm still keep toping up as SP moves. Still plenty of fuel left .

Membaa

From time to time people have pointed out the powerful uptrend, strong indicators etc Roger and a few have expertly entered at recent deep lows and ridden the now parabolic rise. But as the SP approached multi-year highs, being resistance, a TA would rightly call that out as a warning. A confirmed breakout (that's a run up from here, a pullback and back tested the breakout line, then off upwards again) would be what TA's are looking for. Otherwise buying now is just buying at a historical turning point range.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 27-06-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    I'm still holding my 100% portfolio in AIR and i'm still keep toping up as SP moves. Still plenty of fuel left .
    You must be very pleased...I could never sleep at night with such a "diversified" strategy but each to their own ! (I haven't sold any despite all the "expert" analysts opinions and other opinions on here saying they're WAY overpriced. Have you taken over as the new Couta1 mate